PDA

View Full Version : conversion of ICAO type II license into EASA B1/B2 license

rajial
17th Jul 2012, 06:28
I Hv ICAO type II license (awarded by Indian regulatory authority DGCA). can i convert this license into EASA B1/B2 license? or i hv to go for a fresh EASA license? if yes, whts the procedure?

spannersatcx
17th Jul 2012, 15:53
I Hv ICAO type II license (awarded by Indian regulatory authority DGCA). can i convert this license into EASA B1/B2 license? No you can not.
or i hv to go for a fresh EASA license? if yes, whts the procedure? yes, study for and pass all the modules and show 5 years experience on a/c maintained to EASA 145.

IFixPlanes
17th Jul 2012, 17:48
... and try not to communicate in SMS style. :ugh:

Beeline
17th Jul 2012, 18:48
Can I convert my CAA issued EASA Part 66 B1/2 licence into an Indian Issued ICAO Type II licence please.

They are obviously worth the same Salt.

;)

mono
17th Jul 2012, 20:45
I'm not sure how long you've held your licence. It MAY have once been an ICAO type II licence but it certainly isn't now.

There is no such thing as an ICAO type II licence and there hasn't been for well over ten years.

Not sure if it's the Indian licence holders who believe they hold a licence that doesn't exist or the DGCA. Either way there's no such beast now.

ICAO | FLS | FAQs (http://legacy.icao.int/icao/en/trivia/peltrgFAQ.htm#40)

easaman
18th Jul 2012, 12:24
For your info:
AS many other countries have already done, India is going to the EASA part 66 standard this year!
It will be called CAR-66 and exams will be held at the end of the year.
For more see [/URL][url]http://www.far-jar.com/Train/India/ (http://www.far-jar.com/Train/India/)
easaman

Beeline
18th Jul 2012, 17:07
Let us hope our NAAs do not allow a straight swap when the Indian Authorities implement the EASA structure.

These guys will work for next to nothing and are gradually eroding the industry average pay scales when they come over to the Middle East or Europe.

Do they not realise what they are signing off!!!

esscee
19th Jul 2012, 08:46
As previously stated this could be very worrying for the presently EASA-licenced people, and not just that it could force down salaries. If you look at how information is "gleaned" in that region it does not hold much hope that only suitably experienced engineers will be gaining a licence there, look what happens when people's bank details are very easily obtained for low cash numbers. Too many "instant internet engineers", they want the "glory" but not willing to put the effort in to gain the experience first. Could be the prelude to unfortunate "incidents" by the score, but hopefully not. However, like happens at present, many companies with vacancies will insist only on licences issued in certain countries as essential criteria for applications, we hope!

spannersatcx
19th Jul 2012, 15:36
There is a difference between going to the EASA standard and being an EASA licence. I have a HKAR 66 licence, HKAR was set up and introduced by the UK CAA, when they effectively ran the HKG CAD. Yet it does not convert or is not recognised to an EASA issued part 66 licence. And consequently the type ratings, although taught to ATA 104 level 3 by a HKAR 147 (again set up by the UK CAA) facility are also not recognised.

esscee
19th Jul 2012, 19:22
Thank you for reinforcing my previous post.

spannersatcx
19th Jul 2012, 20:27
esscee, not sure which way you meant that to sound?

I have an EASA licence as well, (which I use more than the HKAR) I converted my BCAR A & C by doing airleg to a HKG licence many years ago, I maintained my UK BCAR, when it all changed to JAA then EASA it was all a bit frustrating, because the day before it changed everybody recognised the training etc, and you could hold authorisations under A8-13 with the training, then the next day it was suddenly not recognised. Upshot was had to do various courses again, which although were JAR/EASA 147 were simply not up to the standards at the HKAR 147 (in this case CX) school.