PDA

View Full Version : Opinion from Students/Ex students about Atlantic Flight Training

chr15ru55e11
16th Jul 2012, 14:55
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum to let me introduce myself. My name is Chris Russell and im 21 years old. Annoyingly I am one of the many who have been affected by PTC. I need to complete my IR and MCC, however because im integrated I have to do it with an integrated approved course.

I went down to Atlantic flight training in Cork and it looked like a good school with a nice building etc. Im just on here asking for opinions from students or ex students. Even if you know someone who has went there etc. Just basically looking for peoples thoughts. preferably nothing in the lines of Ive heard from him who said to her that he did this. Im just trying to get as much information about them as I can that is independent front he organisation itself.

Thanks guys

Cows getting bigger
16th Jul 2012, 16:03
Hi Chris, sorry to hear about your experience with PTC.

Regarding Atlantic, I don't personally know anyone who has been there in the recent past but within the industry they have a pretty solid reputation.

...... and before anyone asks, despite my location, I have nothing to do with any of the Irish FTOs.

BigGrecian
16th Jul 2012, 18:21
However because im integrated I have to do it with an integrated approved course.

Complete Rubbish!

You can transfer the majority of your training to modular it happens all the time.

Don't be suckered into another integrated option straight away as there literally hundreds of other options available.

Bigstrongd
17th Jul 2012, 07:30
I trained down there, while there are some bits that are annoying about it, for your MEIR, the 3 guys instructing down there (1 Irish, 1 French, 1 Scot) are brilliant. It's hard to imagine that there would be better instructors elsewhere, I really owe them a lot.

I can't speak for the integrated students, but there's a great atmosphere with the modular students, it's nice and relaxed and you can comfortably sit around just having the craic with everyone

chr15ru55e11
18th Jul 2012, 17:25
Okay let me put it another way. I want to stay integrated as if I switch to modular right now then I have to fly another 50 or so hours to get my CPL etc so I would rather stay integrated and get this done as fast and as cheap as possible.

Secondly thanks for the positive feedback on the instructors. I met a few guys and they all seemed very nice (of course they are going to be as they are trying to sell me it) but just trying to get the full picture. How is the simulator/aircraft themselves? They up to a good standard. I heard from one of my friends who has been there before that the sim graphics are not that good, but realistically you are going to be doing most of your training in the clouds anyway. Any opinions on the sim/aircraft/facilities?

Thanks

h_habib
19th Jul 2012, 16:27
Atlantic flight training in Coventry is a different establishment than that in cork. I am a student in AFT (coventry) and they offer integrated training. Since Cab air went bust, They've literally adopted around 20+ students, all of which are integrated, with the exfception of one or two. Its a pretty good Accademy! Hope this helps!