PDA

View Full Version : Confused and worried

CF680E1
16th Jul 2012, 12:56
Hello,

I'm 22 and from India and very very passionate about aviation. I always wanted to become a commercial airline pilot. I'm just done with my engineering in Computer Science and I have a well paid job(marketing field-sadly not something I really enjoy). I honestly don't know what to do..should I begin my pilot training course now? My parents suggest I go for higher studies but, I really really want to go for pilot training. They aren't totally against me joining a flying school but they're worried about me ending up jobless after the course completes considering what's happening in the aviation industry at the moment. Should I still go for it? Its a very very tough decision for me to make and any help and guidance from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

mutt
16th Jul 2012, 15:09
There are 1000's of young Indians with pilot licences looking for jobs, look at this forum and you will see them clutching at straws seeking any type of job in any country. They were lead to believe that there was an endless supply of jobs in India, but alas it's not to be.

If you are ready to lose your money, and waste two years of your life, go ahead... Otherwise stay where you are :):)

Mutt

Northbeach
16th Jul 2012, 17:34
I'm 22 and from India and very very passionate about aviation. I always wanted to become a commercial airline pilot.

You can continue to be "passionate" about aviation as a hobby, you do not have to put on a polyester suit and lock yourself up in a confined space with poor ventilation for 10 hours a day flying multiple sectors to be a "professional" pilot.

I have a well paid job(marketing field-sadly not something I really enjoy). I honestly don't know what to do..should I begin my pilot training course now?

Consider yourself quite fortunate that you are employed. Don't make the mistake believing pilots are always happy in what we do.

My parents suggest I go for higher studies but, I really really want to go for pilot training. They aren't totally against me joining a flying school but they're worried about me ending up jobless after the course completes considering what's happening in the aviation industry at the moment.

Your parents know you best and (most likely) have your best interest at heart-much more so than any group (me included) on an anonymous fourm. The industry is in poor shape, the trends are not good.

Some time ago I responded to an idnividual asking the same kind of question. I will start a new thread and post it as the question comes up often. The answer is "it depends" really on many vairables.

Respectfully,

Northbeach

Piltdown Man
16th Jul 2012, 17:43
What wise parents you have. I'd do as they say and fly for fun!

PM