PDA

View Full Version : OATS payment terms

Desk-pilot
3rd Apr 2002, 14:39
I was chatting to OATS the other day about their Integrated and modular options and indicated I was uncomfortable with handing over £20000 up front (if you include the deposit) and the next £30 000+ in the next 6 months.

I'm not suggesting they are not financially secure - but in light of the demise of SFT last year and all the advice to beware handing over loads of cash I find it incredible that what is probably the UK's leading FTO has a non-negotiable attitude to payment.

The lady I spoke with had no idea what an escrow account was either and their attitude seemed to be pay up or p*ss off which didn't impress.

Has anybody ever managed to find a safer way of paying them?

Desk-pilot

Irish Flyer
3rd Apr 2002, 14:54
According to the Clive Hughes book on "Guide to obtaining a Commercial Pilot licence" he states and I quote"If possible, always us a credit card to pay - they are liable for any losses you may incur."

Hope this may help. I tried it myself at a different FTO but I was told they didn't accept credit card payments. Maybe it's different at OATs. Don't know the in's and out's from a legal perspective myself. Maybe someone else might share their experiences?

The Boy Lard
3rd Apr 2002, 15:10
Desk-Pilot

I'm currently at OATS and have found no problems re payment schedules, maybe if you mail me I may be able to help.

Cheers

TBL