3 Singapore Airlines

4 Cathay Pacific Airways

5 ANA All Nippon Airways

6 Etihad Airways

7 Turkish Airlines

8 Emirates

9 Thai Airways

10 Malaysia Airlines

what a blow to Ek on rank 8 behind Turkish.... Time to wake up and start moving again....

At least we made best inflight entertainment...

green granite
15th Jul 2012, 10:43
And not a single Western one amongst them.

captjns
15th Jul 2012, 11:27
And not a single Western one amongst them.

They will be covered by the 10 worst World Airline Awards for 2012:D.

atlast
15th Jul 2012, 11:37
10 Best cargo?

Sunnyjohn
15th Jul 2012, 12:08
Interesting, but before making comment I would like to see the criteria on which these were based.

Sunnyjohn
15th Jul 2012, 12:15
OK - I've got it:
During the 10-month survey period, more than 18 million airline customers from over 100 different nationalities participated in the customer satisfaction survey. The Survey covered over 200 airlines, from the largest international airlines to smaller domestic carriers, and measured standards across 38 key performance indicators of airline front-line product and service.
The (legal!) link is here:
World Airline Survey Methodology (http://www.worldairlineawards.com/main/mthds.htm)

PAXboy
15th Jul 2012, 16:08
And this is the public annoucement: WORLD AIRLINE AWARDS | the Passengers Choice Awards (http://www.worldairlineawards.com/)

There are numerous other interesting categories, apart from the top ten. On which, I don't think that anyone could be surprised that no mainstream Western carrier features.

lenhamlad
15th Jul 2012, 23:45
I stopped using western carriers for long hauls years ago, mainly because I got treated like an imbecile when in cattle class, paid for by me, whereas I got treated like someone with a brain when flying business class paid for by my employer. Interesting to see Malaysia in the top ten. As a frequent flyer to KL and within Malaysia, I often hear Malaysians ripping into their national carrier, especially bemoaning the downward spiral of the "experience" on long haul flights.

Andy_S
16th Jul 2012, 07:40
I often hear Malaysians ripping into their national carrier, especially bemoaning the downward spiral of the "experience" on long haul flights.

It's been 5 years since I last flew with them, so can't comment from recent experience, but I had several long haul flights with them from the late 90's through to 2007 and thought there had been a gradual decline in standards throughout that time. In fairness, that would have been from excellent to pretty good.

My first ever flight with Qatar is in a couple of months, so hopefully I made the right choice there.