PDA

View Full Version : Orient Flight School.

Xyzaine
14th Jul 2012, 09:23
Orient Flight School : About OFS (http://www.orientflights.com/overview.shtml)

So has any of you got a first hand experience with them?
It seems good to me, they've got a healthy fleet (but it is shared with their charter serv)... Backed by the Hindustan Group of Institutions.
Got anything to share about them, facilities? Placements? How successful have they been so far? 18 years in the field....
And their charter service site looks good to me... ;)

Thank you!

CaptGalaxy
14th Jul 2012, 09:52
I think they've run into some trouble and had stopped flying activities for a while if i'm not wrong.
Do go visit the place first hand and ask around before you make up your mind.

cheers,
P

Xyzaine
14th Jul 2012, 16:24
thank you for responding.. just collecting info as of now... :)

Xyzaine
14th Jul 2012, 16:30
should let you know about this... not more than month ago, I saw their ads in the hindu newspaper.. I suppose they are quite active..

bhambri
28th Aug 2012, 13:03
dont go to orient flying school. they are not operational also,i know a few guys those who are sitting at home from months after paying full amount.

Xyzaine
30th Aug 2012, 06:26
oh.. i see..! thanks for sharing. :)

Sekhar
18th Dec 2013, 05:06
I'm a student currently doing my cpl with them. Their ground classes are below average, but flying wise they are ok. Cfi is good. They are short on staff. Cfi+2 Afis. Two 152s and 3-5 172s are functional most of the time. Regular flying happens, but course will take minimum 3 years for completion. They have a bsc commercial pilot course going side by side, started last year. They don't have night flying facility and only one of the 172s is a glass cockpit.

sheelaprasad
4th Jan 2016, 10:21
Hi, did you people have any update on OFS? I am a cabin crew with Jet Airways and I am looking for next level challenge for me.

Doing CPL was a natural progression for me and when I looked up OFS seemed very feasible, as it is in Chennai where I am right now.

VT-ASM
5th Jan 2016, 00:35
Hi !

A friend of mine flies there. Turns out she is not very happy with the way things happen at OFS.