PDA

View Full Version : FAA New Reject Policy?

towpilot
3rd Apr 2002, 13:15
Two years ago I had a stent implant to correct a blocked artery. Waited the prescribed 6 months, had another stress test which I passed, took the application to the local FAA Regional Doc and got my restricted 2nd class (glider towing only) medical on the spot. This year I submitted another stack of paper including a glowing writeup from the cardiologist and a passed stress test. The regional Doc simply forwarded the package to Oklahoma City where it was summarily rejected - they say I failed my stress test. My AME was very upset with this result and told me I was the 5th pilot in two months to be rejected over what seems like no definitive reason. I called AOPA medical division and they stated they have been receiving a lot of calls from poeple who are getting rejected by the FAA. What's going on here? The usual knee-jerk reaction by the FAA from 9-11 to rid the skies of all of us 'problem pilots'? They were on a track to make it somewhat easier to get a medical SUI and now they've done a 180. I may have to go to the time and expense of getting an angiogram to prove my 'fitness' since they totally ignored the cardiologist's writeup.