PDA

View Full Version : TCX 2625 Goes Tech again in SSH

jeffmaslin
13th Jul 2012, 14:01
Just had a conversation with TCX duty manager. TCX 2625 due to arrive at Manchester at 2325 yesterday (12th) got problems. Know this as flew out yesterday on TOM635 to Luton. Apparently had to make an emergency landing yesterday problems with landing instruments, captain made call not to leave. Spare part being flown out today due to arrive at 1900 local. Decision will be made on if it can be fixed on site passengers told that they will be looking at leaving 0030 local. Interested in this one as my daughter is on this flight and not getting any info so any insiders please let me know if you have any further info

Thanks in advance

easyflyer83
14th Jul 2012, 11:13
With the greatest respect, you yourself has said that passengers have been given a tentative departure time and no doubt they will have been given a very vague (admittedly) narrative that the aircraft is 'tech'. Some will disagree with me but pax don't need to know the in's and out's of what the problem is as it usually means very little. Once onboard the crew will no doubt give a better explanation that is probably put into laymans terms, something that ground staff aren't always able to do.

Aircraft tech, tentative departure time and letting them know if this changes is all most people want. It doesn't appear that your daughter has been kept completely in the dark on this occasion.

vs69
26th Jul 2012, 10:53
Also bear in mind there is not likely to be any engineering support in SSH so if said part is flown out with the appropriately qualified person to install and certify it then it turns out to require something else or indeed fails on fitment (not unheard of) then the delay is amplified somewhat due to the length of time required to get another part out there.

That said some airlines may opt to send a Flying spanner with a flight spares kit but this is not going to cover every eventuality and not everyone does it.