PDA

View Full Version : JAR66 B1 Prep course

spinjob
13th Jul 2012, 13:41
The internet is full of spam, so i thought id ask the folks in the know.

Im moving to England next month, and want to obtain my Jar66 B1 license. Is there a college or school that offers a condensed full time course to pass the Jar modules? i currently have 12 years experience, several type ratings all jar approved, an FAA A&P, TC AME, and a ATPL pilots license. I'm sure i qualify for the experience side of things, i just don't want to attend a two or three year college course to continue my career over in Europe. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Alber Ratman
13th Jul 2012, 18:08
JAR doesn't exist for PART 66 licences, its EASA.. No direct transfer of A&P to PART 66 either. Find an A&P job in the UK and do the EASA modules off your own back.. Save a fortune..:ok:

spinjob
13th Jul 2012, 19:50
I understand that there is no equivalency of my A&P......you can find those in the bottom of a cracker jack box. i just wanted to know if there was an actual school that offered prep for the modules rather than just doing a study package module by module.
I'll probably just find a job as a fitter in Hampshire or at airbus in Toulouse for now and look around.

wigglyamp
13th Jul 2012, 19:55
LRTT at Kemble offer Part 66 modular courses.

Aircraft Maintenance Training : EASA Part 66 Training : LRTT (http://lrtt.co.uk/)

spinjob
13th Jul 2012, 20:38
Cheers! Thats what im talking about:ok: and its only 45 minutes from Hampshire.

cbox chip
14th Jul 2012, 06:17
So am I correct in assuming that if I am able to prove prior work experience in Canada EASA will recognize it?

I heard from a colleague that work experience gained outside of Europe was not recognized and I am really hoping that is not true.

spinjob
14th Jul 2012, 14:11
That's always a grey area. When i applied for my A&P my experience was on both Canadian and American registered aircraft, but they had no problem excepting my experience, same thing when it came to my AME license. a lot of the facilities i worked at were Easa approved, even though they weren't in Europe, so i don't know why they would deny my experience. i'm sure its more of a common sense thing. If you've been working in third world countries that lack any kind of recognized regulatory bodies then they might look down on your experience.