PDA

View Full Version : .ART files to JPEG??

Eff Oh
3rd Apr 2002, 10:06
Hi does anyone have any ideas how to convert .ART files to JPEGs????
Eff Oh :)

spannersatcx
3rd Apr 2002, 13:03
If you have paint shop pro or other similar software, you could try opening the file and when it says use what (to open it with) go down to the software you use and click that and see what happens. Should it open up correctly try saving it as a .jpg. ;)

FL310
3rd Apr 2002, 13:51
you should be able to open *.art with Adobe programs as it is one of their files, if I recall correctly it is Illustrator.

bblank
4th Apr 2002, 13:31
So, imagining that they have been converted does not work :)

For batch conversions you can try Graphic Workshop. Suggest you Google gwsw95.exe to find the original Win95 shareware release. (The 1864Kb version self-extracts entirely into its own directory. The installation program may hang after it has completed its work but never mind. Until registered this version exits with a chime and a written reminder to register and get good karma.)

To convert from ART to JPG use the File menu to change to the directory of the source files. Click on the *.art files that you want converted, click on the icon for conversion - it is the leftmost one on the toolbar under the File menu, then click on the JPG button as the target. It will leave the originals intact and create JPG copies in the same directory as the originals. I have never handled the *.art format so I cannot attest to the quality of the conversion from this format.

If this is a one-time need then just delete the entire directory when done (if you downloaded the version mentioned above). For longer term use you can obtain the current version from
http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gwspro.html

Cornish Jack
5th Apr 2002, 07:18
Graphic Workshop is the way to go. It's the only one of my many graphics programs which handles .art files. The conversion process is totally simple and the results are (to my old, rheumy eyes) excellent. Just as a bonus, the software team have a rather nice and slightly anarchic sense of humour - good people :)