PDA

View Full Version : Do any airlines recruit new FOs with limitations on their medicals?

this is my username
11th Jul 2012, 13:51
I have a JAA Class 1 medical with an "OML" limitation on it due to eyesight, which means I can only fly EASA aircraft commercially on multi-crew aircraft. My FAA medical doesn't have any limitations (though I have a SODA) but an FAA licence is about as much use as a chocolate teapot if you are looking for a job in Europe (yes, I know you can still fly N-reg but they are all bizjets looking for experienced crews, and even then everyone is very nervous about the potential impact of the new licencing rules).

Does anyone know if there are airlines out there who will recruit new FOs with an OML limitation? Most of them seem to have a requirement of "Class 1 medical with no restrictions". If anyone has experience / knowledge to the contrary I would appreciate hearing about it.

MD11Man
16th Jul 2012, 22:05
Hey this is my username,

I've been recruited last year with that exact limitation on my (JAA) medical. Today, I got the news it has been lifted but I did have it when the airline I now work for took me on.

So, it's definitely not always a no.

Hope that helps (a little bit)?!

this is my username
17th Jul 2012, 16:10
Thanks, that's interesting to hear!

lespaul06
19th Jul 2012, 01:22
I also have a glasses limitation on my JAA medical , and i do fly in a company ...
And i m far from being the only one !