PDA

View Full Version : Love Air is back to business !!!

highlandman
3rd Apr 2002, 09:01
Love Air,

Just heard the rumour that Love Air is back in business and should open 2 routes (Jersey-Bournemouth and Jersey isle of Man) in April. I belive they will be operating a Jetstream 31 base in Jersey.
Can anybody give more details on this company, where is the head office etc.... I belive before March 2000 the office was in stansted airport.
Please report further.:cool:

Polar_stereographic
3rd Apr 2002, 09:49
What role does Mr Harris have in it?

HugMonster
3rd Apr 2002, 11:31
Not many people who have had dealings with Mr. Harris have come away with anything but regrets.

I wouldn't work for him if he had the last flying job on earth. IMHO he is rather like MO'L, but without the morals and scruples.

LUVMY146
3rd Apr 2002, 12:44
Oh Come on guys,

He isn't that bad. He's ben a bit unlucky in business but is an ok guy really. Maybe he should have stuck with being a butlins red coat though!! (Sorry Nige, couldn't resist it xx).

;)

HugMonster
3rd Apr 2002, 13:11
I disagree, 146. I know you worked for him on and off for some time, as did I. You were one of the lucky ones.

I won't go into everything I know about him here.

However, I stress that he was more than "a bit unlucky" in business. I failed to find an honest bone in his body. That, however, is only my opinion. Others may have a different opinion.

If anyone is considering working for him, count your fingers, rings and watches after shaking hands with him.

j31fo
3rd Apr 2002, 13:34
As an unemployed J31 FO this sort of news is very welcome. I understand that NH is behind the new venture. Good Luck to him as any new operation is needed with the industry in its current state.

Maybe Hugmonster would like to furnish us with a few details rather than just make rash statements which serve no purpose to anyone. The alternative, of course, is that a J31 operation in the SE would be some kind of competition to you.

Put up or Shut up

HugMonster
3rd Apr 2002, 14:05
j31fo, I don't intend to give the full litany of my dealings with NH here.

Nor will I provide any competition to his proposed outfit, as you suggest.

If anyone wants to apply for a job with him I wish them good luck. I think they'll need it. I'm currently unemployed, and Jetstream rated, but I shall not be applying to him. Read into that what you will.

StressFree
3rd Apr 2002, 15:26
Hugmonster,
Well said. NH is a VERY sharp character, you have been warned..........

:eek:

Nubboy
3rd Apr 2002, 18:53
I had a guy fly with me once prior to my GFTs. He let me take a fundamental c*ck up at planning stage all the way around a nav ex for a form 170 check, intending to fail me from the word go. Instead though by going for a long flight as well he took a lot of money off me. At least CAAFU would have chopped me at a very early point. lesson learnt, fingers burnt.
Best of luck.

stalling attitude
3rd Apr 2002, 19:24
i worked for him in the past and ive got to agree with hugmonster on this one

highlandman
4th Apr 2002, 13:57
Well guys,

I am very happy to see that every body who knows this N.Harris agree more or less. As far as I am concerned I would not recommend to anybody to work for him unless you have a lot of extra money you want to lose!!!!.
If anybody knows more about where the office of this company is or will be, please keep posted.:D :D :cool:

Virtual Ops
4th Apr 2002, 17:58
Are you quite sure it is NH???

As the Love Air AOC was sold to an asset management company not long after the demise of the Love Air we at AKL new & loved so much.

I should know.

:D :D :D :D ;)

A.Viator
4th Apr 2002, 19:22
Perhaps we should all have a reunion!

Or perhaps ask Danny for our own forum,

We could call it

'Geus ya money' !!

I know this isn't very funny but perhaps we should let this thread go now... Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at breakfast......

TTFN

;)

HugMonster
4th Apr 2002, 20:26
Virtual Ops - please email me.

Someone we both know told me some time ago that Naughty Nigel was planning a new startup using J31/32's, but that it was to be out of CWL.

Where he was to get the money neither of us could fathom.

Just goes to show that there's one born every minute.

flyer1950
5th Apr 2002, 10:09
Anyone wishing to learn of the Love Air situation is invited to email me. I have fullest info on status of AOC application and route licence applications....and so does my lawyer. (£8k out of pocket ex-IR student) [email protected]

LUVMY146
8th Apr 2002, 14:14
Do you two want to let us in on something???;)

NICK HEFF
8th Apr 2002, 21:37
GO NOW GO NOW! keep off the airways,go vfr,turn that radio off,dont put it in the tec log,fiddle your own duty hours load sheet paper work. Bring the mixtures back your fired.Go now your not fired anymore cause your cheap,young and you dont know your arse from your elbow..........i am sure it was not as bad as all that,its just that I keep having the same nightmare .

HugMonster
9th Apr 2002, 10:23
Well said, Nick

MUNCH
9th Apr 2002, 14:03
Hi Nick

How many times did he sack you before you left?

Any chance of an email as i know someone (AW) wants to contact you. Ta .

IMMELMAN
12th Apr 2002, 23:26
Come on Nick - that was no dream! Why so reserved? Why don't you tell 'em how bad it really was? You paint quite a rosy picture compared to the reality - you'll have people applying. Don't want that on the old conscience, do we?

P.Pilcher
13th Apr 2002, 07:58
I feel for everybody who has bad things to quite rightly say about the management who might be behind the new Love Air. Trouble was that N.H. got an aviation business idea and then when the initial investment started to run out, no more was forthcoming and his attempts to keep his business running under these circumstances were "heroic" to say the least! His last Jetstream venture was similar except that when investors were found, they naturally wanted some form of control over their investment. N.H. was, I understand, not prepared to give up total control so he ran out of money again. However I would say one thing in his favour, and that is that he managed to negociate as a U.K. airline with the French to run a scheduled service from the U.K. into Northern France to link up with French airlines. That must have taken some doing. Unfortunately the old scenario eventually repeated itself leaving, amongst other creditors, a number of young first officers having to take over bonding loans for their J31 type ratings as well as their other debts.

Let's wish the new venture well and if N.H.is behind it, then at least readers of this bulletin board will be forewarned should they consider positions with the new organisation!