PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Aust or QLink perhaps?

Going Boeing
10th Jul 2012, 10:57
New Customer Places Order for 15 Bombardier CSeries Airliners

Twelfth customer added to the CSeries aircraft program

Bombardier Aerospace announced today that a new customer, which has requested to remain unidentified at this time, has placed a conditional order for five CS100 and 10 CS300 jetliners.

Based on the list prices of CS100 and CS300 aircraft, the contract is valued at approximately $1.02 billion US.

“Bombardier’s CSeries aircraft provide a distinct economic advantage compared to any aircraft in their class, and we are thrilled to welcome the twelfth CSeries aircraft customer to the program,” said Mike Arcamone, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “The CS100 and CS300 airliners combine unmatched field performance along with transcontinental range, creating opportunities for new business models; what’s more, they’ll be contributing to more sustainable aviation with their reduced environmental footprints.”

BPA
10th Jul 2012, 11:13
Latest news from FA12 is it could be Air Baltic, replacing the 737's they currently have.

The number (15) would be the ideal number for both Qlink replacing the B717 and for VAA to replace the Embraer's.

Cactusjack
10th Jul 2012, 11:22
Doubt if it is Elaine's Group over at Team Red. He can hardly get the credit to buy staplers let alone a bunch of planes. And I doubt it is VA, their finances would not have improved enough yet to gain financial approval for such a large number of jets.
I think anybody getting a boner over shiny new jets being delivered in bulk to Australia needs to have a cold shower.

MonsterC01
10th Jul 2012, 13:28
"their finances would not have improved enough yet to gain financial approval for such a large number of jets."

Yeah, I bet Boeing was just giving away those 23 737 MAX. :ugh:

It's called leasing people.

That said, I doubt it's an Aussie carrier. Qantas seem more focused on their mainline operations, and replacing the E jet doesn't seem to be a top priority for Virgin.

falconx
10th Jul 2012, 18:06
all i can say it that their not for either QF or DJ, however not to far off it

Worrals in the wilds
10th Jul 2012, 20:57
Are Alliance finally buying/leasing some new aircraft from the shop rather than digging old ones out of the desert? :}
(No serious disrespect to Alliance intended, they're a very successful operation and good luck to them).

Stiff Under Carriage
10th Jul 2012, 21:00
Must be REX then :}:}:}

KRUSTY 34
10th Jul 2012, 23:25
Yeah! Good one SUC. REX have no plans (but they should) for a turbo-prop replacement.

My hunch is on Alliance. They're taking care of business all over the place, and they're not taking prisoners. :ok:

travelator
11th Jul 2012, 00:14
My hunch is on Alliance. They're taking care of business all over the place, and they're not taking prisoners.

That's because they bought a heap of older airframes when they were going really cheap so they're overheads are comparatively low and they have a large fleet ready to deploy at the drop of a hat. Buying a bunch of new jets would be fatal for Alliance and I don't think that is how they operate.

My guess (if they even are for an Oz operator) is the 717 replacement. The C Series has been talked about for many years as their successor. Which company will operate them? That is the fun question. :E

Capt Claret
11th Jul 2012, 00:53

Cobham, then wet leased onto Qantas Link. :ok:

denabol
11th Jul 2012, 01:28
Kid tells me they show up on a Flightglobal site as being for Air Baltic.

travelator
11th Jul 2012, 02:05
Nah, different order. Baltic have ordered a total of 20. Mystery order is 15. Order was made just before Farnborough so which oz company (again if at all) had some managers in pommyland then?

VC9
11th Jul 2012, 02:58
Can almost be sure that Qantas will not go down the path of taking an untried aircraft following their experiences with the A380 and B787.

lemel
11th Jul 2012, 03:19
What about Network to replace F100's. I've been hearing whispers of a possible replacement aircraft.

The Green Goblin
11th Jul 2012, 03:30
Can almost be sure that Qantas will not go down the path of taking an untried aircraft following their experiences with the A380 and B787.

In that case you can pretty much guarantee they will do just that!

bubble.head
11th Jul 2012, 03:31
C series would be a perfect replacement of the b717 and/or the b737-400 that mainline is operating. Bean counters would love to give it to the group that costs them the least. There are advantages of keeping them in house within the Qantas group (more controls of safety and standards), and there are advantages of outsourcing to Cobham.

There are previous orders of the c series from "undisclosed" customers, so this one isn't the only one that may potentially be an Aussie operator. But depends on what you are smoking/drinking on the day, some believe the excess a320s that Qantas/jetstar has ordered for their failed Singapore premium strategy, or the yet to be finalized jetstar hong kong.

Capn Bloggs
11th Jul 2012, 07:21
Sidesticks, Q400 heritage and Prat and Whining donks.

No thanks! :{

mustangranch
11th Jul 2012, 07:27
I think that with Qantas' NETWORK the only place you'd see them is on FIFO work. That is if the boom is still on when she finally flies.

As for DJ, I agree, bigger a better things on their horizon. I doubt they'd want to make the e-jet mistake again.

Normasars
11th Jul 2012, 08:25
You don't have to worry Bloggs. You will be retired by then anyway :8

neville_nobody
11th Jul 2012, 23:04
Looks nice.

Bombardier CSeries cockpit unveiled at Dubai Air Show 2011 #DXB11 - YouTube

Capn Bloggs
11th Jul 2012, 23:45
Nothing new there. "This cockpit wasn't designed by a 60 year old airline captain. It was designed by (I missed the words exactly) the guys up with the technology". Says it all, really...

The Green Goblin
12th Jul 2012, 00:38
I cringed when I heard that too.

You'd think the 60 year old airline captain would know a little bit more about what works than those who are "up with the latest technology".

Just shows the contempt the management and marketing types hold for the folks with the real operational knowledge and experience.

They always think they know better, hence we have a side stick on th airbus that doesn't give feedback to the other pilot about what imputs are being applied.

CRM at its finest, take the other guy out of the loop by design.

falconx
12th Jul 2012, 01:05
okay so you've all been hanging out, it is QLink replacing the 717's

Capn Bloggs
12th Jul 2012, 01:44
Oh, if you insist. Where do I sign? :}

falconx
12th Jul 2012, 01:52
signed and sealed, just wait, expecting some 18 months

beaver_rotate
12th Jul 2012, 07:53
Don't worry BLOGGS, the cards will be layed out on the table soon mate just be patient! CobNob will no doubt offer you a 10% pay cut (or the rat will rip our contract up!!!!! :eek:), and pay up-front for your training (or you're out) and so on CIA style. :oh: :p