PDA

View Full Version : Air Hong Kong A310 Captain take home pay

Turkpilot
10th Jul 2012, 00:25
Hi all, i was offered this position and im trying to figure out what is the real take home pay. I have heard 11, or 12. Is that AFTER HKG tax? Also if i live somewhere else do i still need to pay this tax? I heard if you spend less than 60 days a year in HKG, like overnights, your exempt.

Im currently working for an airline in Mainland china. If it is 11 or 12 the pay cut would be quite large, about 5000 a month but my QOL would dramatically improve.

Cpt. Underpants
10th Jul 2012, 01:45
Check the offer carefully - Air Hong Kong don't operate the A310, but do operate the A300-600 and a few Cathay B744 BCF s on lease.
Tax issues have been beaten to death on the FH forum, research a little, lest you are surely flamed for asking dumb questions. Short answer: if you're paid from HKG, expect to pay HKG tax.
You can live in HKG, but you're expected to live in SIN or KUL. Housing or housing allowances are not provided.
The answers you seek are here somewhere, try looking under a thread entitled something like "Air Hong Kong, the A300 outfit"

Turkpilot
11th Jul 2012, 05:40
Underpants, i know how to use the search tab!! lol. I have gotten so many diff answers. Im just trying to find one answer....what is the take home pay AFTER HKG tax PER MONTH as an A300 skipper. THats all. Thanks!

Cpt. Underpants
11th Jul 2012, 07:19
Sorry - can't tell you - I'm with CX.