View Full Version : Jobs in MAD

blueb0y79
3rd Apr 2002, 06:11
Maybe this is the wrong forum but could anybody please help me???? I'm looking to move abroad and learn the lingo in Madrid. Does anybody know of ANY vacant jobs (not as pilot) within the airline business over there? Or any organisations who provide placement? Or even any good newspapers to buy? I really need help to make this work!!!

Thanks

maxy101
3rd Apr 2002, 07:18
Good luck! I hate to sound like the voice of doom, but it's very difficult getting into any aviation job unless you're very well connected here. Especially if you don't speak Spanish already......

Knold
3rd Apr 2002, 07:55
Not really rumors and news is it?

blueb0y79
3rd Apr 2002, 09:08
I know, I know!!! I'm sorry. Signs of desperation I suppose. I am well connected and have a wealth of experience in Station Management Supervision. All I wanted was a few links.. But thanks anyway.

Boss Raptor
8th Apr 2002, 09:50
Surprisingly there appears a shortage of traffic and operations staff down here in MAD, Air Europa are even advertising for said staff in the local MAD newspapers - the terms are about the same as UK but cost of living etc. much less - Barajas town, 3 bedroom/2 bathroom new apartment with swimming pool is costing me £480 a month inc. local taxes for example...

Think knowledge of Spanish is a must though...try all the local operators especially the smaller ones like Swiftair or Panair who always seem to have a high throughput on staff - dont think the locals like doing nights!

blueb0y79
8th Apr 2002, 11:36
Thanks Boss

I will get my application out straight away. Any more links or names of local newspapers?

blueb0y79

Boss Raptor
9th Apr 2002, 07:09
Will check the papers today...

Boss Raptor
10th Apr 2002, 13:44
...and didnt see a great mass of job ads. - think the jobs edition probably comes out on specific days - I would suggest a cheap flight down here and go and knock on some doors - will keep an eye open, the paper was 'ABC' a daily paper not sure if national or just Madrid but covers all news...

blueb0y79
13th Apr 2002, 19:08
Thanks Boss and yes i did get skunks private message as an email. But i'm just completing my PPL so a job as a pilot is not something I can consider at the moment. Please keep the info coming though

Thanks again

blueb0y79