PDA

View Full Version : Genius CP SF 600 scanner help requested

piggybank
8th Jul 2012, 10:03
I bought a Genius sheetfed scanner on 8 June in Singapore Airport. Today trying to get it to work was and is a true pain. On my Toshiba laptop running Win 7, the Digiscan program will not load, this seems to be a 'must have working' program.

I tried on my desktop computer with XP Home edition. This time failure was almost complete, the scanner is not found even though the USB ports work. I tried as instructed on the sheet with the computer and also loading the USB driver without the scanner connected. No joy.

Four of the packaged programs reported errors and two more caused the computer to become unresponsive.

Latest update of the driver is 2011 on the manufacturers site. It was downloaded and this one loaded OK on the laptop.

The scanner has a 30 day guarantee which I can try for an exchange but I want to give this a good bash before I give up and trade in or trade up at the shop I bought it from.

All OS are original and up to date.

Any thoughts and help will be most helpful. I have tried compatibility mode and a few variations, my computer knowledge is intermediate, I started in the days of DOS and building my own computers as a guide to what help will fit my needs.

Thanking you all for any help. Piggybank

Milo Minderbinder
8th Jul 2012, 14:15
I'd guess at a faulty setup CD
The download at Genius Europe GmbH (http://www.genius-europe.com/en/produktdetail.php?ID2=50&ID=35&ID3=99) is just the drivers
if you download and install jut that, plug the scanner in and let PnP find it, and then try scanning with a third party program eg the Windows Scanner software, what happens?
if that works the problem is with the disk
if it doesn't then the problem is with the scanner, or both

piggybank
11th Jul 2012, 09:29
Will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Just back from Singapore after having a small medical op done.