PDA

View Full Version : Flying zed with single entry visa

Hang-er
6th Jul 2012, 07:06
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum, but I didn't know where else to put it (or I overlooked; it's still early ;) )

I'll be flying zed to and from Mongolia soon. For Mongolia a visa is required and so I have a single entry.

Now that got me thinking; when I try to exit and I don't get on the flight I might want to try a day later, or try another airline for which I'll have to check in again (I have checked luggage). I'm a bit scared the airport will see this as "leaving the airport" again and so..

-> Would I have to show a new Visa? As I'd already have used the other one on entry the first time?

Has anybody been in this situation in another country that requires a visa or in Mongolia?

Thanks!

What the Fug
6th Jul 2012, 07:31
Sure you don't have a single entry / exit visa as follows

Single entry-exit
(Valid for three months from the date of issuing with duration of stay in Mongolia for 30 days)

never ever heard of an entry only visa, despite what some people think, even the UK Does not have one

davidjohnson6
6th Jul 2012, 07:33
Could I suggest contacting a Mongolian embassy and asking them ?
There must have been related cases where an aircraft has a technical fault and large numbers of passengers have to be handled in some way.
Alternatively what happens to passengers with standby rather than confirmed tickets ?

Hang-er
6th Jul 2012, 08:15
I called the Consulate and they said it's really single entry. You cannot leave the country and re-enter within 30 days. That's what bothers me and is making me doubt what to do with the ZED tickets.

Flights for a certain airline leave 1 a day, so you'd have to stay 24 hrs behind security if you miss the flight.

And even if I would want to take the other option (another airline) I'd have to leave the airport towards the checkin counters to check in my luggage.. which would be the same as entering the country.

I'm confused.. the consulate couldn't tell me how to handle this.