PDA

View Full Version : British European??????

toontartcart
2nd Apr 2002, 18:17
Strong rumours flying round at the moment that BE are in severe financial difficulties, so much so that they have no money to pay cabin crew and pilots, and indeed some caterers have no been paid! I hope for the sake of all concerned they ride out this storm. :confused:

Indeed one particular airline already has its eyes on a few of BE's routes!

dv8
2nd Apr 2002, 18:27
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions

Standard Noise
2nd Apr 2002, 18:42
But didn't Uncle Jack leave them a fair few quid to play with when he passed on?

the_tyke
2nd Apr 2002, 19:14
Toontartcart, don't talk utter crap mate !!
Pilots and Cabin Crew (and everybody else for all I Know) have received their salaries as per normal.
The 'Flybe.com' advertising spree has been a great success with pax figures up 30% on last year.
Life at BE was a little depressing early on in the year, but now things are far more up-beat.
A word of advice....DON'T GO SPREADING UNFOUNDED RUMOURS LIKE THAT OVER A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR YOU MAY GET YOURSELF INTO SERIOUS TROUBLE.

CaptAirProx
2nd Apr 2002, 19:58
The fact that British European felt the downturn first and made certain cut back measures early last year b4 anyone else did, I can only assume they will come out of it quicker than most. The feeling at the mo is very up-beat. Loads are great for this time of year. History so I am told shows that they tend to do better than most during tough times, but fail to make the big £ during the bouyant times. Sounds to me like they are just holding back paying people (caterers) to the last minute like any company seems to when they are watching the cash flow. Don't know of anyone not been paid this month.

Otherwise its total B*ll**ks.

Gary_Haliday
2nd Apr 2002, 20:39
I had to give a mouthful to a Servisair guy at Newcastle the other day for upsetting my Cabin Crew with the same rumour.
It turned out that he was told the story by some ex Gill guy who was turned down by BE for a job !!
I don't suppose the originator of this post.. TOONtartcart.. comes from the land of the TOON ARMY, i.e. Newcastle !!!

Gary_Haliday
2nd Apr 2002, 20:54
Ok, having checked a few things this is definitely a Newcastle based rumour.
Not the place to go if you want to keep up to date with the current financial position of BE and certainly the place to go if you want to find 'anti-BE' sentiment