PDA

View Full Version : Dan-Air Newman House

t211
2nd Jul 2012, 12:31
For any of you who might be Interested that the Newman House In Victoria Road Horley, Has been Demolished.

Another bit of History Gone

Ridge Runner
2nd Jul 2012, 15:30
Sad! I was there from day it opened until we closed the dooors at the end of February 1993! :(

HZ123
3rd Jul 2012, 06:50
Did some work there myself when you joined us. remember for some time after there was an older male solo there with a liveried DanAir van.

Also went to your place just up from Southwick Cathedral which you shared with Danair Shipping. It was a friday and we went to secure documents from the safes therein but to no avail as wrong keys.

Had my eye on wall paintings of the fleet particularly the 'Comets' , returned on the monday and effectively the place had been ransacked by whom I know not. safes intact but anything not bolted down had gone.

t211
3rd Jul 2012, 07:59
Maybe they took things because some of us did not get any money No Redundency We were Shafted

Ridge Runner
3rd Jul 2012, 08:12
Had my eye on wall paintings of the fleet particularly the 'Comets' , returned on the monday and effectively the place had been ransacked by whom I know not. safes intact but anything not bolted down had gone.

Yep, the BA "museum" team came in a took everything - even the signed painting presented to Dan by Norman Lees that was promised to me! :( I just wasn't quick enough!

RR