PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Medical meets JAA licence!!

FiiS
2nd Jul 2012, 10:44
OK- to try and keep it short-

This month I *might* get my grubby hands on a Canadian Class I medical. Hurrah. Assuming I do, my licence is JAA. It is still valid, the SEP rating is not.

I reside in Japan.

I am wanting to hours build in Canada. I'm happy getting a permit to fly in Canada, been and done that before.

So I need to find me a JAA qualified FI to re-sign my SEP, after a check ride (I don't have the twelve hours in 24 months). Japan ... is quite impossible. But could I do this is Canada? Or, do I need to go back to the UK?

Confusing, non?

If this is answered elsewhere I apologise ... I couldn't find the answers and have been frantically Googling all afternoon, haha! :ok:

paco
2nd Jul 2012, 11:14
I suspect you have to go to UK

phil

mrmum
2nd Jul 2012, 18:49
Well for a start, you will actually need to find a JAA FE(A) or CRE(A), rather than an FI. You need an examiner, not an instructor, to carry out both the flight (LPC or LST) and to sign the ratings page of your licence.

It's perhaps not totally out of the question that you may find one in Canada. Is your licence a UK issued JAA one? It is possible to use an examiner from any full JAA state, if that helps at all, maybe not much.

FiiS
3rd Jul 2012, 00:45
Thanks for the tip guys!