PDA

View Full Version : jobs

santas_helper
2nd Apr 2002, 12:56
jobs at Emerald I hear? www.emerald-airways.co.uk

RushdentillIdie
2nd Apr 2002, 14:58
Hmm, maybe its just me, but the only thing I can find here is a website that is under constuction......................can someone shed some light on this ?????????

Desperate !!!

For Anything !!!

santas_helper
3rd Apr 2002, 10:43
I believe Emerald has changed somewhat new management etc,
I also believe the salary quoted for do's, by the captain is wrong. If you are unemployed with experience then it may be worth a go.

Dillon
3rd Apr 2002, 13:12
Captain Barton such a happy chap who wishes to run down the company that has paid him for years yet other aviation colleagues find themselves out of work following Sept 11. Shortsighted let alone having hearing problems !!

Visit the forthcoming pilots meeting an air your problems like a man and not in a manner that talks down a company that is still expanding despite the loss of a recent contract.

Put up or shut up;) ;)

TicketyBoo
3rd Apr 2002, 15:49
Santa's helper,

Are you, possibly, in any way, connected to the said company?

Dillon
4th Apr 2002, 12:03
Tickety who - funny name for a taxi drive come failed operations person !!!!

Live life to the full but face up to ones failures - a mirror helps !!!

Why put down something that you left many moons ago and has developed so much since - scare mongering does the industry no good whatsoever.:rolleyes:

TicketyBoo
4th Apr 2002, 17:40
Dillon,

Are you possibly, in any way, connected to Santa's Helper?

Is said company being "put down" by a polite question?

I hope potential employees won't be put off if they read here a senior official of the company indulging in what I assume is supposed to be personal abuse - it would be sad to see a company which can't recruit or retain staff in the middle of aviation's worst ever recession handicap itself even further.

The number of positive comments which have been posted on this and previous forums regarding vacancies at Emerald speak for themselves.

I do hope no-one who wishes to apply, once the website is constructed, will be put off.

Wizdum
5th Apr 2002, 22:29
lol

Handbags at dawn?

Piece of Cake
9th Apr 2002, 02:17
Heard that Heavy-lift/Air Foyle might be on the look out for some new ops staff shortly.

12many
9th Apr 2002, 02:43
PoC

Don't tell me this extra vacancy is for your position. So I assume you have made your mind up over either Spain or New Zealand? ;)

Dr_Downey
12th Apr 2002, 10:36
I would suspect people here talking up Emerald are either pilots (who get little flak from CEO) or senior management. No one in Ops would send such blatant rubbish.

Morale in Ops IS extremely low just now. The constant abuse and bullying received from downstairs is enough to make the morale as it is. Couple that with insufficient resources and staff, Ops Officers having to work almost perm nights as most of the assistants have been sacked or left, along with the ramp staff being "let go" (more work for Ops to do) and staff from other departments being drafted in to help or run Ops during the day make life a misery.

The CEO is constantly on the phone telling Ops what rubbish they are and why he has an Ops department is beyond him as he could do better himself ( he never tries by the way), his morning kangeroo courts conducted with the Commercial Manager are legendary and I have seen one (now ex) female Ops Officer reduced to tears by one of his abusive rants down the phone. Add the fact that his "man" in Ops (we all know who) runs downstairs telling tales every five mins and you can understand why morale is as it is and no one wants to work here.

Anyone contemplating applying for a job will be well advised to give it a miss unless really desperate and with no prospect of work ANYWHERE, even in Siberia. Even then I would suggest you have a very thick skin and don't mind being sworn at very badly by the boss every half hour or so. He even phones up to do it when he is away.

Yes, new identity, first post because I am one of those unfortunates who needs the job.

Best of luck to you all.

Dr_Downey
15th Apr 2002, 22:19
Know what u mean Capt M., bald and fat isn't exactly a rapier thrust at identity. Can think of 3 straight away without taxing the grey matter too much, but alas the stooge to whom I refer is not one of those.:D

I wish most at Emerald the best of luck, especially the ops/crewing bods because they sure need it what with unrealistic charters etc etc etc and the Commercial Manager's attitude to them being "you've not let me down yet, I know you can do it!":mad:

The old Ops saying still rules, "SSDD"

Byeee

Dr D.