PDA

View Full Version : Joe Eakin Fund refund?

Martin VanNostrum
29th Jun 2012, 11:42
In 2010 I, along with possibly many others, donated money to the Joe Eakin fund to help out a fellow aviator. After he was reinstated this donated money, held by AIPA, was supposed to be refunded. My donation never was. I don't live or work in Australia nor am I a member of AIPA. I have made over 12 telephone calls and emails to AIPA's head office. No email has ever been answered. Telephone calls politely assure me they will get back, however never do. Has anyone else who donated money run into this problem? I made a donation to the Joe Eakin fund, not to AIPA.

Shed Dog Tosser
29th Jun 2012, 12:18
By my recollection Joe was "off" work for over a months and there would have been considerable lawyers fees etc etc.

Well done to you Martin for donating.

I would doubt very much that there would be much, if any, money left in that account at the end.

Joe wouldn't be driving a new Ferrari by any chance would he ? ( just joking Joe, no one here would like to go through what you did ).

If there is change in the account, I would happily see it go to something worthy, perhaps breast cancer research,,,,,,,,,,,looking at breasts is a hobby of mine.

The Bunglerat
30th Jun 2012, 03:30
If you want to loan someone money, by all means expect (hope) it gets paid back at some point. On the other hand, if you want to make a donation, don't expect to get it back. That's why it's called a DONATION.

Capn Bloggs
30th Jun 2012, 04:16
Well they could at least reply, advising what happened/what the dosh was used for! :=

myshoutcaptain
30th Jun 2012, 05:10
from memory a email was sent saying within a specified time frame it could be refunded if not would be held by AIPA to help others in difficulty in the future ...

Checkboard
30th Jun 2012, 12:39
from memory a email was sent saying within a specified time frame it could be refunded if not would be held by AIPA to help others in difficulty in the future ...
Was that a condition clear to everyone before they solicited for donations? You can't change the terms of a contract after consideration has been made, you know... :=

Martin VanNostrum
30th Jun 2012, 13:28
Bungle, read my post. I made the donation to help Joe, it was not made to AIPA. If the money was not used to help Joe I expect it back. If it was used to assist Joe then good that is what it was for. The email with the time frame apparently was only sent out to members of AIPA. I am not for the reasons I stated; therefore i was unaware of it until someone told me. I just wish someone in AIPA had the manners to reply to me.