PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Parking advice for random schedule!

Gwladys
28th Jun 2012, 14:13
Any advice for parking a car at Heathrow for up to 20 days a month, in one go, with an uncertain return date? I will be traveling from about 2 hours away, and public transport isn't really an option given the uncertain return plan. Want to try and avoid spending half my salary on extortionate parking charges, so would really appreciate all your advice!! Cheers.:ok:

Globally Challenged
28th Jun 2012, 15:34
Are you travelling in from Lincoln?

I used to do this from Oxford and there was an excellent bus service that I picked up on its last stop out of Oxford at the park & ride (free to park). It ran 24x7 (clearly not as regularly during the wee small hours) directly to T5 and then to the central bus station. It was about £10 each way I think.

My recommendation would be to find a similar service down your closest motorway and do it that way. Unless you fancy opting for trusting your car to a cheap (= dodgy potentially) far-offsite parking company.

UAV689
28th Jun 2012, 21:33
Just park in a nearby town for free and get a cab, hillingdon/Hayes probably best

Gwladys
29th Jun 2012, 15:10
Thanks for the advice - will definitely look into the park & ride and town options.
Cheers.

flyingfemme
29th Jun 2012, 15:29
One way car rental - should be available for about £50 each way, including VAT and unlimited mileage. You get 24 hours of car rental, save a fortune in car parking charges and don't have to leave your pride and joy in a heathrow car park.

B Fraser
29th Jun 2012, 16:32
Another thumbs up for one way car rentals, why anyone uses a car park is beyond me !

No RYR for me
2nd Jul 2012, 15:48
Agree, it used to be the misses, the Oxford tube and of nothing else One Way rentals for me.. Saved me a lot of parking hassle and having to calculate over 45 minutes from the carpark to the terminal! :ok: