PDA

View Full Version : A320 Static Inverter

brenda06
27th Jun 2012, 14:58
What are the circumstances that will require the entire A320 static inverter to be replaced?

mono
28th Jun 2012, 06:45
When it fails!! :}

flame_bringer
28th Jun 2012, 07:14
When it a has a fault otherwise why would you change it:ugh:!!

brenda06
28th Jun 2012, 08:26
So what are the steps that need to be taken when there is corrosion happening on the static inverter? Which AMM chapter should I refer to?

cedgz
28th Jun 2012, 08:59
replace, look and clean corroded part of the lugs on the wires(dc output). if too corroded change em per swpm, and torque the nuts properly as per amm(ch 24-..-..-.)

brenda06
28th Jun 2012, 09:15
Will the static inverter outer casing corrode?

brenda06
28th Jun 2012, 14:25
Thank you Fargoo. But I'll need the information by tonight.. Sorry for troubling you.

Krystal n chips
29th Jun 2012, 04:07
" What are the circumstances that will require the entire A320 static inverter to be replaced?"

When the elapsed time counter inside the inverter shows it needs to be replaced.......ahem ! :E

The time counter may come as a surprise to many on here....as indeed it did to me at the time...as I will explain. A few years ago, I was involved in a little project concerning cost savings for one particular type ( not Airbus ) ....after a decidely protracted process, eventually, strip reports were produced by the organisation concerned ( I was not directly employed by them, thankfully ! ) and the little gem above appeared.

The scam was very simple....the report was written in such a manner that, to a non engineering person, it was very plausible...and therein lay the catch....if the costs associated with the overhaul of components were below £xxx then they were simply signed off by an admin clerk....no engineer ever read them....thus, it took little or no effort to write a report which looked convincing to justify the, ahem, "extra costs" involved...several more reports for different components from different repair / overhaul organisations showed the same scam.... a short time later....the project was, erm, suddenly cancelled.

The scam must have been going on for years with insider knowledge....until an engineer read the reports that is.

The plus side was that, a couple of years later, the organisation had a "restructuring exercise"...karma, as they say, duly arrived.

grounded27
29th Jun 2012, 04:51
Do not know type but suppose it does a preflight (some sort of stby power test), it would ought rite fail its self or/and fail a scheduled check (have done on other AB fleets). Would not think of corrosion as a common issue in my environment.

brenda06
4th Jul 2012, 09:14
Thank you for your help :)