PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Jet with FedEx callsign

Tailwind2100
27th Jun 2012, 13:04
Taxiing out in CTS (Sapporo New Chitose) today and saw a white-tailed 757 land on the far parallel. 757's are pretty rare in Japan to begin with (only Delta's ex-NWA Asian routes AFAIK into Nagoya and Tokyo), but I've never seen one in Hokkaido.

Their callsign was 'FedEx' and as they taxied off I noticed they were a pax aircraft (all windows) with original United blue on the belly. Everything above was painted white.

Any theories?

FougaMagister
27th Jun 2012, 13:21
Probably not United, but British Airways blue paint on lower fuselage. My bet is that it was on its way to Singapore for cargo conversion (and repainting in FedEx colours).

Cheers :cool:

Speedbird48
27th Jun 2012, 13:27
Tailwind,

BA sold all their 757's to Fed Ex for conversion to cargo so as the other guy says it is probably on its way for a conversion.

Speedbird 48.

Flightmech
27th Jun 2012, 13:53
Tailwind,

Probably on its way to ST Aero at Paya Labar, Singapore for P-F conversion. Was it a four digit callsign beginning with 9?

cockygashandlazy
27th Jun 2012, 14:41
Finnish 757 charter operator 'Air Finland' went bankrupt yesterday, maybe the day before, aircraft was seen in UK ready for ferry to FedEx for cargo conversion.

There is a thread on it somewhere.

RingwaySam
27th Jun 2012, 20:59
Was an ex-British Airways B752 (G-CPES) routing VCV-ANC-CTS-KIX-XSP for conversion.