PDA

View Full Version : CX Transition program, direct to final interview

joe56
27th Jun 2012, 12:54
I've been invited directly to a final interview in Hong Kong without having to attend an initial interview in my home country. I called the recruitment office and they confirmed it's not a mistake. Has this happened before? Will the interview process be different?

Cpt. Underpants
27th Jun 2012, 22:49
They too, are astonished that ANYONE with the experience to qualify for the transition course would ACTUALLY accept the T&C offered...

Welcome to the "new" Cathay.

lucky86
28th Jun 2012, 02:56
Hey joe56,

That's great news! I guess the question is, why do you think you jumped all the way to final interivew?

I'm assuming you are currently a pilot? What quals do you have? Who you flying with?

joe56
28th Jun 2012, 12:11
Thanks lucky 86. I have an ATPL and I operate a regional turboprop.

BizJetJockey
19th Mar 2015, 09:08
The email relating to this states a 744 sim ride and if successful the English test. Can one expect the compass test, interview, tech quiz etc as well as this isn't mentioned in the email inviting me to attend? I have heard that the CX selection process is pretty hellish...can this still be expected or are they at a point where they have had to streamline the process to get the pilots? Also is that SO salary sustainable in HK? Cheers

aka the aviator
21st Mar 2015, 17:32
Hi to all

Anybody has any information about what to expect on a final interview?

I have read the T&C carefully and numbers certainly doesn't add up with HKG living expenses.

How long is the wait for an upgrade from SO?

I would very much appreciate any info

Vpilot53
22nd Mar 2015, 01:40
Hi Guys
anyone going to HK for TT Interview 14th-15th May. Anyone who has been I would appreciate any information you could pass on.
Cheers

aka the aviator
22nd Mar 2015, 09:52
Thank you DB.
Your opinion is valuable as I can see you know the matter. I could handle a year or two of set back but not more I am afraid.

Natca
22nd Mar 2015, 15:59
This is the new cx. Everyone gets a final interview.

AQIS Boigu
23rd Mar 2015, 16:31
From several thousand CVs and CX able to pick and choose with two pretty tough interviews lasting 1+hr and the infamous cocktail party at the end to now just a final interview in HKG with a 30min chat and no booze afterwards...and they are still unable to fill all the courses in ADL.

No wonder really when you only pay half the coin compared to 7 years ago.

Vpilot53
25th Mar 2015, 04:12
Has anyone recently been to a Transition Program interview. And could tell me what is involved?

Cheers

Diamond Girl
29th Mar 2015, 06:46
Would like to get more info and recent feedback from the interview.

kevin777x
31st Mar 2015, 01:15
What are the flying hours and courses and other requirements to be able to go thru CX program?

Also, do you need to be atleast a citizen in hongkong?

puik
4th Apr 2015, 20:32
I have been called to interview 11-12 may, anyone out there who is also in this group please PM me, thanks and good luck to all:D