PDA

View Full Version : just another post about a flight school... specific question about FlightSafety

lajeharo
27th Jun 2012, 07:07
Hello everyone,

Well I have been reading a lot of posts about flight schools on here. I have come to the conclusion that all flight schools have bad press. While I appreciate that everyone must make their own mind up at the end of the day, I have a question/concern about FlightSafety that I hope some of you can help me with. I am looking for up-to-date information. If you would rather PM me, that is fine too... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on going to this academy towards the end of the year to pick up the Professional Pilot Program from the commercial point on (already have PPL). I have chosen this school because it ticked a lot of boxes for me, the main one being that I am looking for a 'one-stop shop'. I am re-locating back to the US after living in Europe for 7 years and for several reasons that I won't ramble on about on here, I really need my training/transition back to the US to go smoothly for my personal sanity.

My concern is... I have read several comments recently about non-contract students being pushed to the back of the line. I am wondering if anyone has any current information about this. I have budgeted to the penny for the 56 weeks the program should take (minus the time for PPL and excluding the 2-week consolidation they offer).

If you have any information about this I would appreciate it if you could pass it along, but please have specific information - not just say "don't go there!"

Thanks in advance.

rankace
30th Jun 2012, 14:05
HI
Are you going to do your training in Vero Beach in Florida, with Flight Safty?
I was there a few years ago and there was a lot of different companies and airlines doing their training there, and you would hear the american guy moaning that they could not get flying time because of the large number of guy that was there. But i know since that it has gotten a lot quieter since and they are really on there game right now as numbers are a lot low.
Don't know if this is what you were looking for?

lajeharo
1st Jul 2012, 06:36
Hi, thank you for your reply! Your information was exactly what I was looking for.

Iceman666
1st Jul 2012, 11:00
I find it a bit too good to believe that I can get an initial TR plus as many recurrents I want, within a period of 24 months for only $40.000 when a one-time initial cost $ 32.400 and every following recurrent cost $19.500.

Therefore I would like to hear from anyone in here who might have chosen the Full-Service over the One-Time course... Did you only pay a total of $40.000 (or whatever price you had to pay) or did you end up paying even more?

mutt
1st Jul 2012, 12:52
$40.000 Per Year :):) We are using full service for some people and one time for others, depending on aircraft type, the cost is per year in our case....

Mutt

Iceman666
1st Jul 2012, 16:45
Thank you for the reply.

I had a feeling they were holding something back... I just seemed too good to be true...