PDA

View Full Version : IE6 problem ?

henry crun
2nd Apr 2002, 02:49
I read the Times several times a week to keep up with the UK news, but of late I cannot always get the current edition.

I can often get the home page with the right date but the news thereon might be several days old. Sometimes its correct, sometimes it is not even if the date is correct

Today was a good example, home page right date and right news, UK section ditto, but world section has the right date and the news is from several months ago !

Using "refresh" makes no difference and I find it hard to believe that the Times would be at fault.

Can usually get the Telegraph ok and read some of it but whenever I try and access the UK or World section in full IE6 closes down.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this annoying fault ?

FL310
2nd Apr 2002, 09:21
just tested the times from here, seems ok so far, guess your connection is through a proxy and the update did not work as supposed to. Check your settings that IE does refresh every time you visit the site.

henry crun
3rd Apr 2002, 06:16
Thanks fro the reply FL310.

I have done some more checking and discovered that it is not the fault of IE6 or my puter, it is a strange fault with my ISP.

Have checked with two locals using different ISP's and they have no trouble at all on the days that I experience this problem.

My help desk desk say they are aware of the fault and are trying to fix it. He gave me a reason but its too technical for me to understand.

labrador
3rd Apr 2002, 06:17
FL310 has got it right you are not getting the paged refreshed each time that you visit it - see tools, internet options, temporary internet files, settings, advanced!
The date change don't mean a thing as it is a small macro that will just roll over every midnight indepentantly from the pages other contents.:rolleyes: