PDA

View Full Version : APD may be lowered to tempt airlines to use Regional Airports

nigel osborne
26th Jun 2012, 14:23
Well its worth a try and may benefit the likes of BHX, and MAN.:D

North’s airport passengers to pay lower tax - Liverpool News - News - Liverpool Daily Post (http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/06/21/north-s-airport-passengers-to-pay-lower-tax-99623-31225910/)

Nigel

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Jun 2012, 15:50
Hmmm ... I posted a reply to this thread earlier, but it seems to have mysteriously vanished into the ether? Let's try again.

I suggested that larger regional airports such as MAN and BHX would be wise to get their own lobbying organised early to avoid the possibility of ending up in the higher tax-band alongside other operations deemed to be well-established and successful.

I also highlighted the dilemma faced in categorising certain London Airports LTN, SEN, STN etc. which would resent being penalised alongside LHR and LGW in the higher APD bracket. LCY would also make for a very interesting case-study as a smaller operation, but one defined by high-yield business traffic drawn from the City of London.

This could become complicated!

nigel osborne
26th Jun 2012, 15:58
Shed on a pole.

Re APD.. BHX have been lobbying and attended the meetings with the bosses of LPL so its a joint thing,think MAN did as well.

Don't think it would benefit the likes of LPL,EMA as much as the Govt are trying to get full fare airlines to switch from LHR ,and LPL EMA get mostly low cost airlines,and expect that would continue.

Nigel

davidjohnson6
26th Jun 2012, 17:03
I know I'm not a mod, but I think there are 2 threads on this. Could I respectfully suggest we move the discussion to the other thread ?

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/488972-govt-signals-may-lower-apd-regional-airports.html

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Jun 2012, 19:03
AHA! Thanks for that, davidjohnson6. You have just resolved the mystery of where my original reply ended up!!!

SHED.