PDA

View Full Version : Impulse: new aircrafts for Sydney??

FloatJockey
2nd Apr 2002, 00:07
Hi all! I have read some posts on D&G forum (no, not Dolce Gabbana darling!) regarding 6 new aircrafts on the way...

If this is true, I reckon Impulse will start recruiting in Sydney shortly (and you bet I'll be there!).

Anyone from the inside feeling to comment??

Cheers,

Little Bee Mrs. FloatJockey

------------------------------------------------------------
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

nickmelb
2nd Apr 2002, 02:28
floatey

Yup its true..found out last week from a source at impulse

:) nick

skypryncess
2nd Apr 2002, 03:31
Yes, absolutely correct. Straight from the horses mouth ( the esteemed Mr Dixon), it was today announced at the CEO roadshow that we will be leasing 16 717 aircraft. this will generate more jobs though they will probably be on contract basis.

ditzyboy
2nd Apr 2002, 06:41
So is that 16 MORE or 16 IN TOTAL?

And will the contracts affect permenant full - time 717 FAs such as myself?

Oh, Nik one of the girls crewing your HTI-SYD flight flew with me today and said she bumped into you.... I had an overnight at HTI on 21/03 (due ATC strikes) and didn't see any young boys at all... Just yukky old ones and typical "Shazza and Dazza" honeymooning couples!

nickmelb
2nd Apr 2002, 11:29
heya ditzyboy,

yes truck loads of shazza's and dazzas on HTI! lovely Not!
oh which flighty was it???how did i come into conversation? maybe cause i hassled the crew on board!!!!

wow the 717 overnighting on HTI thats like a one in a million opportunity huh???

all the best :) nick

'six days till my EK interview'

FloatJockey
2nd Apr 2002, 13:20
Called Impulse today. Couldn't find out any number or location but the good news are that they will start recruiting around end April. Sydney IS on the list.

Geeeeee! :D

Mrs. FloatJockey

Mr Seatback 2
3rd Apr 2002, 08:55
6 Aircraft to be leased into the fleet - bringing it to 14 total (with others optioned for leasing in the future, bringing the fleet total to a maximum of 24)...

and no, ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS will be hired as permanent full time. There is absolutely no provision anywhere in the company for them to hire contract or casual staff - EBA stipulates this.

Hobart base to open with approx 80 f/a's and pilots. Check out the Qantas website newsroom for all the details.

PS. Will be recruiting like mad - and they're not only looking at former flight attendants - they're considering a lot of 'new blood' too!

FloatJockey
3rd Apr 2002, 13:10
:) :) :) YOU CHAMPION!!!...

ditzyboy
3rd Apr 2002, 22:18
Hmmmm, Mr Seatback.......

Darling Sweetie. The EBA mentions "Casual FA" quite a few times. Not Contract though. Just thought I'd mention that.

Great to see you on the HBA Glamour Jet Service the other day when I was on my MCY Pretentious Express return.

Go Gwyn, Go Transglobal :-)

jayne
4th Apr 2002, 03:56
As impulse currently have only 2 bases Sydney and Melbourne I'm sure they will be needing people in Sydney. I thought they were recruiting in Sydney last week? Impulse are now called Qanatas-link so maybe look up that website and send your resume in a.s.a.p. GOODLUCK!
Jayne

Mr Seatback 2
5th Apr 2002, 06:19
They have enough problems with crewing permanent staff - don't see how they could manage casual crew JUST YET!

All the current training schools are for permanent full time - maybe down the line they'll start casual employment (once we've got ourselves the brand new EBA)...

They probably inserted the 'casual fa' term for use/implementation in the next EBA...who knows...I think all the newies will be safe though...don't quote me!

nickmelb
5th Apr 2002, 06:22
well howdy everyone

got my letter today in the post from impulse.......*sigh*

have sent my resume off to them again though! wohooooo

meanwhile i have an emirates interview in 3 days.......oh scary! will keep you all posted :) nick

FloatJockey
16th Apr 2002, 00:56
Ok, got a call yesterday from Impulse. The interview is Thursday 18th April at 14:30 at the Hilton Sydney Airport. There will be between 30 and 40 people. Couldn't find out too much over the phone but it might be worth giving them a call if you're really keen... (ask for Mark, he is a nice guy!)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! (as usual) :D

This time I think I'll try the "low profile attitude": 1 question only, a bit shy, not too keen, cute little look, bank uniform, thick shoes and pony tail... we'll see... GOTTA LEARN TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!! That is number one priority! :)

Anyone to comment, help, cut my throat???

Mrs. FloatJockey

flightbunny
16th Apr 2002, 03:42
how can i send my resume into to impulse... i thought they only recruited via the web site???

any help appreciated!!!
thanks

p.s good luck with ek nick !!:)

nickmelb
16th Apr 2002, 05:48
floatey!!!

go get em! Good luck with da interview!!!

will be thinking of ya!

nick

smile
16th Apr 2002, 08:12
Mrs Floatjockey,

Best of luck with your interview.

My advice is to get in touch with Mr Seatback 2. He works for Impulse so he should have all the inside goss.

Love SMILE:D

FloatJockey
16th Apr 2002, 08:34
Hehehe! Thanks mate! I'm getting ready!
Got a full treatment with Decleor products today, french manicure, bits and pieces pluked off... yeah, those sorts of things my husband can't stand. Ouch! (the expense, not the pain) :(
Then I got a new blazer, shirt and skirt, very smart... weeeeee!
Handbag and shoes to match... gosh, aviation is expensive!!!:D
I'm still glowing from the facial. Oooops! Have hairdresser on Thursday morning (french roll) and make-up at 12:30... I almost feel like a city girl after all that pampering... :eek:

This time, if it doesn't work... I give up! (Joking! Still have to try Qantas! You won't get rid of Mrs. FloatJockey that easily!!!:p Well, except I get really really broke, which might happen quite soon I reckon...).

Still I need to study a bit of Impulse news. I did a search and checked the website but I'm not too happy with the amount of infos I found. Anyone could help me with more details?? I'd like to read about "politics" and news, since all I have is quite old...

FLIGHTBUNNY, if you didn't send your resume earlier, try calling recruitment (02-93175400) and see if they are still OK with you to send your CV now! If yes, yes and yes, then I like WA Cab.-Sauv. and my husband fancies fine whisky (High Lands please). :D

Good luck!

Mrs. FloatJockey

ksd333
17th Apr 2002, 03:34
hi mrs. fj,
i am going 2morrow aswell to 2.30 interview, would love to meet you.
what colour are you wearing? or how will i know you?
ps. i am female and married, not some weird bloke trying to chat you up! (just in case you thought so).
good luck and see you there.

FloatJockey
17th Apr 2002, 09:41
Woooohooooo! I can feel competition! :D :D

KSD333, I'll see you tomorrow! Say hello to the girl with a scarf attached to the handbag... possibly before the interview so that we can break the ice and walk in together!! :p

SMILE, thanks for the tip! Mr. Seatback II is preparing a bunch of questions for me and I am about to call him again to see if I'm good to go!!

Thanks all for your support / messages / phone calls and keep fingers and toes crossed (possibly from 14:30 to 16:00, yep!).

Mrs. FloatJockey

----------------------------------------------------------
(I never thought that at age 31 an interview could make me freak that much!!!...) :eek:

ksd333
17th Apr 2002, 21:58
Look forward to meeting you and will look out for the scarf.
Think the colour "Plum" and you will find me.
I am SO nervous. I am planning to get there about 2.00 so i will look out for you.
GOOD LUCK!!!:D

ditzyboy
18th Apr 2002, 00:37
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU

I am sure you'll both be fine... You will find the Impulse recuitment people very friendly and relaxed. Just smile heaps and be fabulous. I have a friend flying up from HBA for the interview too so if you bump into him take care of him - he's nervous too :-)

Smile, smile, smile! Laugh and be happy and approachable.

Good luck again, let us know how it goes. I have no idea how they do recuitment nowadays so let me now (I started OCT 2000).

FloatJockey
18th Apr 2002, 10:39
............................................................ ................................... I sat at the wrong table 'cause I didn't read my number properly...............Bu-hu-hu ................ Why do I have such a pumpkin head???............ :( http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif

Except for that I did quite well.................. (yeah right!)

Stupid Mrs. FloatJockey

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Who said being a pilot's wife gives you an advantage? If I'm stupid I'm stupid! That's it!http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bangin.gif

ksd333
18th Apr 2002, 10:42
Interview went well, i met mrs float jockey who is delightful and has a lovely accent. i hope we both did wonderfully!
The day was almost identical to QF process, talk aobut you, problem solve, impulse knowledge etc...
We were told to expect notification by next week or after, so all is crossed in anticipation.
What did you think mrs fj? did we do ok?
good luck;)

ditzyboy
18th Apr 2002, 12:41
Its great that you are happy with your performance. One way or the other you'll here by next Friday. Impulse are really good like that. I understand that a letter means no and phone call means yes. So keep your mobile on!

Oh and I told my friend to say g'day to you and gave him your description. Thought it would be funny... Hope you didn't mind. He said you were both fabulous.

Best of luck :-)

ksd333
18th Apr 2002, 22:45
Hi Ditzy, yes your friend said hello, he was lovely too!
It was quite funny as he came over and said "so i guess you are the plum suit and the scarfe tied around the bag girls"
He wore a great dark green suit and looked lovely.
Well we will have to wait and see now, all body parts are crossed!!!
ps where were you ditzy? do you work as an F/A?
Thanks for your encouragement.:D

ditzyboy
19th Apr 2002, 06:52
ksd333 -

I am an Impusle FA based in SYD. Started in 2000 :-)

ksd333
19th Apr 2002, 22:37
:D
Ditzy, it is so great that you take the time to help others on the forum with their dreams, as you are already there and that advice and experience is really priceless.

I did enjoy the impulse interview but i did feel the competition on the day was tough! many, many well presented, friendly people and even a tech crew member ( from the beach aircraft)
Are you away a lot? what is the roster like with syd base?
Sounds like it will change a bit with the opening of hobart.

Thanks again for your encouragement, the fact that you bother tells me you are a great flight attendant.;)

ditzyboy
23rd Apr 2002, 07:47
ksd333

Thanks - you are sweet. You make me laugh - 1 have only been flying for 18 months... Not long enough to be called a great FA! So many different things you learn or pick up every day (mostly short cuts that are against procedure hehehe!).

I am flying heaps at the moment. Some months it is like a holiday and others you can be flat out. Usual roster is 9 - 12 away nights. Some trips are o.night or 3 day contiki tours to TSV and HBA and everywhere in between. There is also the 3 day Tassie shuttle which MEL crew do, which I am told is very exciting - NOT! It is normal to do 4 or 5 days out of another base working with their crews which is pretty cool. With OOL opening up you can count me in on a week up there!

The job is heaps fun though. Great colleagues and really good nights away. Not too much strain on the brain but can be physically demanding at times. Customers are pretty OK most of the time - makes your job even more enjoyable.

GOOD LUCK !

nickmelb
23rd Apr 2002, 09:48
yes good luck chickies....got everything crossed for ya all!

ps-im doing the results centre course this sat...hopefully will gimme some tips :)

nick

FloatJockey
24th Apr 2002, 14:26
Still no call today... I know I shouldn't be negative until I receive the letter but at this stage, if they wanted to see me again, they would have told me...

What about you KSD? No luck yet?

By the way, I found out today that "aircraft" has no plural, therefore I have to apologize for the mistake in this topic's title. :D

Mrs. FloatJockey
----------------------------------------------------------------
Allright then, I'll try Qantas... :rolleyes:

ksd333
25th Apr 2002, 06:39
well guys, got my rejection letter today (not really a nice name for it is it!) so for me its back to waiting on active hold for my other position.
3months and counting!
still hoping for good news from the rest of you though.;)
thnks for all your messages xxx:D

flapsforty
25th Apr 2002, 06:51
Sorry to hear that ksd333. :(
After you have recovered from the blow, get right back in the saddle, try and figure out why this happened to you, and work on your skills & strategies for next time.
Best of luck, don't give up!

ksd333
25th Apr 2002, 08:33
thank you:D :p :)

cloud nine
25th Apr 2002, 21:03
Sorry to hear that KSD. K hasnt heard anything back from her interview yet, so fingers crossed for her.

Are you going to apply for Australian?

ksd333
28th Apr 2002, 03:57
hi cloudy, no im not applying for australian, just short haul or regional for me due to family commitments.
good luck to our friend though, keep in touch xxx:D

FloatJockey
28th Apr 2002, 13:49
Uuurgh... got rejected as well...

Gotta try with Qantas LH, maybe I'll be more lucky there.

Mrs. FloatJockey

ksd333
29th Apr 2002, 01:48
very sorry to hear that mrs. fj but i am sure our paths will cross again and both of us will achieve our goal.
i wish you all the best and it was great to meet you.:D

ps please email me as i cant find your email address.

ditzyboy
30th Apr 2002, 11:44
ksd and mrs fj....

Sorry to hear the news. Still it is great interview experience! This 717 expansion would have been a fabulous opportunity for people such as yourselves. Though unfortunately you are competing head to head with ex - Ansett FAs with loads of experience. Of course it doesn't help that they too are also great people!

Best of luck. Keep us all posted.

:-)

nickmelb
30th Apr 2002, 13:04
hey chickies!

dont worry keep trying! chin up! just makes u want the job
even more! :)

:eek:

FloatJockey
3rd May 2002, 02:23
Y O U A R E N O T A L LO W E D T O G I V E U P ! ! !

Capisc'? :D

Mrs. FJ

nickmelb
3rd May 2002, 07:24
floaty!

i am not giving up! just giving it a rest for maybe 6-12 months! I did the results centre course last weekend...prefer not to put my views about the course on this web site..but if anyone wants to know anything feel free to drop me an email :)

good luck everyone!

nick!