PDA

View Full Version : Pilot jobs in 2012/2013

flyhighspeed300
23rd Jun 2012, 16:47
Does anyone know of any European operators that will recruit new or low hour (just less than 500hrs TT) FO's in 2012/2013 not on type?

The usual requirements: JAA Frozen ATPL, current IR etc

aozc
23rd Jun 2012, 19:05
try FR i think they are still recruiting

NukeHunt
23rd Jun 2012, 19:18
Monarch have just taken a few, and Jet2 usually take a few each year. Maybe keep an eye on Flybe too.

mad_jock
23rd Jun 2012, 19:40
Smaller/medium turboprop operators are as well

In the UK off the top of my head with no knowledge of there requirements.

Logan
Blueislands
flybe
Eastern
The operators for Manx2
That lot that fly the twotters to the scilly islands.
Gama.

I am sure I could think of more but those are the ones I could imagine having an in take. Some will prefer plus 1000 hour guys just so they can get them into the LHS in a couple of years and keep the insurance costs down.

flyhighspeed300
23rd Jun 2012, 19:47
Thanks
Flybe are only taking on guy's in house (to add to there holding pool, unless you are on a scheme with them). I got told this info direct from there recruitment department.
yep. I am aware jet2 recruits the odd couple of people each year.
I did not know about Monarch tho. Just checked Monarch website & they are asking for At least 2000 hours TT. (I guess these pilots are likely to be either Ex BMI now or Easyjet).

wingreencard
26th Jun 2012, 09:29
2000h? not unusual. and 2000h jet, multipilot, multijet,...

I feel i have been stabbed by the JAA! spend all this money for all these years, (pp, cpl, 14 atpl written mcc, rating,...) then you realize airlines and government are acting illegally by letting pilots pay for their right seat, it s the mafia, nothing else.

they should be put in jail! organized crime I call It!

I hate them, I hate this JAA... there is nothing we can do as long people think it's normal.

I am totally :yuk:, yeah you can all laugh, but you will laugh less then you will look for a job and you will get nothing except a piece of blue license .