PDA

View Full Version : BA CEP application

Girt_bar
12th Apr 2001, 19:53
I am from abroad and currently filling in the BA CEP application online but I have a question......

There are a series of questions that require fairly long answers (but no more that 500 words). Does BA expect essay's to answer each of these questions or will 200ish words suffice?

Unfortunately I am very far from any course on how to get through a CEP's and there are no books on the subject so any help would be appreciated.

Girt_bar

Sagey
12th Apr 2001, 19:59
Do it in as many words as you think are necessary to put your point across, but don't exceed the stated figure.

There is no point in ruinning say 300 words of quality, with 200 words of waffle to make up the word count.

Sagey

Pielander
12th Apr 2001, 22:00
All my answers were between 160 and 230 words (mostly at the lower end of that). It wasn't even really hot stuff - just talking about bar jobs and school sports & stuff. I got an interwiew because I tailored my answers to the questions.

Pie

[This message has been edited by Pielander (edited 12 April 2001).]

SpeedBird22
13th Apr 2001, 02:34
Did anyone else have a similar experience to me where BA specify 500 words but the computer actually only lets you put in a certain number of characters?? (If you can make sense of that...)
I had to cut down some of my answers because of this.

As for the original issue...ummm...as sagey said, just use as many words as you need to make an answer sound impressive!! I needed a fairly large amount of space to make my seafood restaurant experience fit the question :)

Good luck,

:) SB22 :)

Girt_bar
13th Apr 2001, 04:26
Thanks for the advice guys. I tend to get to the point pretty quickly so 500 words is an impossibility.

I word of advice. When applying online be sure to save the answers in M$Word. After I finished the question page on the application it wouldn't save and continue so I had to do it all again. :-(

Girt_bar