PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Pilot Recruitment

_gazelle_
21st Jun 2012, 23:13
Given that mainline hasn't hired since 2008, does such a department still exist and if so what exactly do they do? When/will they resume recruitment?

2p!ssed2drive
21st Jun 2012, 23:34
Well as you can tell, the airline is going through rapid expansion. Aircraft orders are high and pilots are being rapidly promoted. The check and training department can hardly keep up....
QF management should be proud of their progress as their competition struggle to fill seats and are trying to cope with a failing re-branding strategy.
I'd say recruitment will be in full swing by next month ;) :p

_gazelle_
22nd Jun 2012, 00:12
Don't take the p!ss... Serious question.

kalavo
22nd Jun 2012, 00:27
Gazelle, please tell us why you want to work for Qantas?

I mean honestly? A company whose strategy is to sell out and complain about others succeeding. That's when you know you've got to the point where your management is admitting failure and incompetence.

We could go under, Qantas tells MPs (http://www.smh.com.au/business/we-could-go-under-qantas-tells-mps-20120621-20r1y.html)

*Lancer*
22nd Jun 2012, 00:35
Pilot recruitment issues are currently handled by Flight Operations People (HR).

noclue
22nd Jun 2012, 11:14
Could they save some $$ by thinning out that dept before cutting engineers??

Keg
22nd Jun 2012, 14:38
They have. It doesn't exist. There is no 'pilot recruitment' department at QF at the present time. Any enquiries relating to pilot recruitment get a form letter from the HR people in Flight Ops- when they're not attending to the myriad of day to day HR issues that affect 2200 pilots- telling them that QF is not currently recruiting.

Annulus Filler
22nd Jun 2012, 15:21
Qantas is reducing it's 747-400 fleet from around 30 to 9 in the coming years. This is approximately two thirds of it's 747-400 fleet retiring. I would imagine that the amount of 747-400 Pilots will be reduced by that same ratio. Without introducing a new fleet, I can not see how Qantas can keep up all of their 747-400 pilot recency's and keep them on the books. Not to mention the 767 aircraft are also becoming extinct.

No need for recruitment whilst you have surplus.

Can anyone confirm on how many 747-400 Pilots there are, and what retrenchment figures would equate to in my theory???

Plazbot
22nd Jun 2012, 16:22
Lucky all that Air Pac stuff went down otherwise that would have become 'main fleet'.

What a fuggn disgrace.