PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors A300 route structure?

Avstar
21st Jun 2012, 03:11
I am just curious about working for Air Contractors on the A300.

Is Dublin the only A300 base?
What is the A300 route structure?
What is the typical schedule, I heard 2wks on 2 off? So would you be working the full two wks?
Do they take direct entry command? I'm type rated on A320/321.
Will they be recruiting anytime soon?

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks in advance :)

FougaMagister
21st Jun 2012, 12:55
"Recent" intakes on the A300B4 have all been transfers from the ATR fleet. Most are based in Leipzig, not Dublin. They do not take DEC and will prob not be recruiting anytime soon. Btw, the fleet isn't exactly on the up...

Cheers :cool:

FougaMagister
21st Jun 2012, 15:03
I'll believe it when I see it. 5 A300-600s would not mean recruitment, simply new type ratings for current A300B4 pilots. The B4 fleet is being gradually reduced, maybe to only 2-4 within a couple of years.

Cheers :cool:

wheelbarrow
21st Jun 2012, 23:42
Avstar,
With regard to base all new A300-B4 crew hired are based in Leipzig.
Routes are European within the DHL network.
Work pattern is basically 7 on 7off.
Dont think theres any recruitment at the moment as the plan is to reduce the fleet.
FM is right about what he/she says and the plan is to reduce the fleet within the DHL network as the 600s come on line and ACL getting any of these is only rumour.Not on the up at the moment but may change if they find new work for some of the B4s,if you are interested keep your ear to the ground but dont hold your breath.

SMT Member
23rd Jun 2012, 15:30
DHL bought 18 -600s off JAL. 13 of these have been allocated to EAT, the fate of the last 5 is undecided. EAT would dearly love getting their hands on those as well, and let us not forget the only reason ACL got the B4 Classics was because the LBA were reluctant inducting them on the German register.

Is there a chance ACL might get the last 5? Yes, there is always a chance, but personally I wouldn't count on it.

Avstar
25th Jun 2012, 04:00
Thanks guys for all the gen. I'll keep my ear to the ground!!

Just on the scheduling. Are the 7 days on, a full 7 days, I heard that there is little flying over the weekend...but maybe this is wrong or it was concerning the ATR fleet.

What are average monthly hours?
Are they're many overnights, ie Do you return to Leipzig most nights?
Could you request Dublin overnights, or is the scheduling pretty rigid?

Sorry for all the questions again, but that's them all. Again Thanks in advance, it is much appreciated. :)

MrIkea
26th Jun 2012, 12:22
I wouldn't count on it, unless you know the correct people in the company.

Furthermore normally the other 5 -600 will go to EAT.

7 days at LEJ, flying during the night, so yes, you are every night at LEJ, although not very long...

You can not request DUB "overdays", as that route is used very much for positioning crews etc. But never say never...

There's at the moment still some flying at the weekend, but that will stop as more -600 join the DHL-fleet as they will take over the routes.

They do take dec captains, as they have no f/o's who qualify for upgrade.
(capt atr go f/o on the a300)

Anyway, in a nutshell, future for the a300 doesn't look that promising @ acl.
But then again, at that sort of companies everything can change quickly. Just finding the correct contract...

wheelbarrow
30th Jun 2012, 08:00
AVSTSAR,
7 on is 7 nights on and sometimes you do work weekends,the a/c work for BA cargo.LEJ basing for all newbes and you may have down time there at w/es when your not working these trips.
An average month will probably put 30 hours in your log book but duty time may be high as you sit in the hub at night for hours.
A300-600(last 5)not decided yet but if this is the road you wish to go down then maybe contact with EAT LEJ may be worthwhile.