PDA

View Full Version : Mustang remuneration

winkwink
19th Jun 2012, 20:49
Fellow pilots, can anyone advise me how much a full time captain on the C510 would earn in Europe? PM or thread will do...... Ta.

Pace
19th Jun 2012, 22:59
Firstly you will probably fly SP so you should be looking at £400 per day plus expenses minimum! But knowing this business at the bottom of the pile there will be many who will do it for even less?

Pace

Trim Stab
20th Jun 2012, 16:11
£400 per day! You are joking.

A few months ago I was told of a mustang owner who was looking for a pilot. I rang him and discussed the job. He told me that I would have to pay for my own type rating, then he would pay me €250 cash per flying day, with about 7 to 10 flying days per month! Apparently he has now found somebody...

Pace
20th Jun 2012, 18:15
£400 a day? Not Joking :E An FO on a small two crew jet expects £250 a day! A captain sole pilot on something like a Mustang should look at £400.
We decimate our worth to nothing as professional pilots working for such measly sums.
I locked myself out of my flat in London and an ex con turned up for the locksmith company! Took him 5 minutes to get in and he gave me a bill for £140.
Look what other professionals charge £250 an hour more likely yet we are so desperate we do it for peanuts.
£250 a day for a single pilot Captain on a private jet albeit a Mustang is a joke.

Pace

winkwink
20th Jun 2012, 21:09
Thank you, Pace and Trim Stab, much obliged. I have to admit I was looking at full time, available all the time pay. Boss rings, pilot jumps.
I know LEA have the type, and that Blink have (is Blink still blinking or has it gone all EBJ?)
What does a PIC on the 510 command, year round operation?

Thanks for the replies.

silverknapper
20th Jun 2012, 22:57
Realistically probably 40k is a high end average estimate. Obviously depending on experience etc.

Sadly from what I've seen Trim Stab has a point. When I freelanced, one (notoriously mean) owner dropped me for someone charging £250 a day. He then continuously called me to bitch about his cheap pilot, regaling me with tales of horrific experiences in the alps, poor dealings when faced with slots, aircraft in a state etc. I enjoyed telling him you get what you pay for.

rightbank
21st Jun 2012, 09:17
I know LEA have the type

What does a PIC on the 510 command, year round operation

London Executive Aviation pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/London_Executive_Aviation)

Pace
21st Jun 2012, 10:54
One operator I knew used to build up the minimum insurance hours required partly to reduce insurance costs but also to keep out low experience pilots who would fly for nothing and damage rates.

Especially in the current climate it is hard to maintain pay rates especially at the lower end of biz jets!

Pace