PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Flying

MatthewDLW3
19th Jun 2012, 01:10
Just wondering if anyone has experience flying with any operation in the Caribbean?I currently have 1050hrs TT and 50hrs PIC Twin Otter and looking for a twinotter gig or something similar anywhere in the world. The Caribbean seams tofit my style though, short field landings, windy, and just challenging. Ifanyone has any recommendations or insights please let me know. Thanks.

jpilot1
19th Jun 2012, 18:58
Try Winair out of St Maarten

fr8doggie
22nd Jun 2012, 11:54
Try Seaborne in St. Croix. Might need a float rating. Make sure you understand what living in the USVI is all about before you go.

Regards,
Fr8doggie
USVI resident 1968-86

zedoscarro
23rd Jun 2012, 21:25
Is it bad to live in the USVI???
What did you mean??

zondaracer
23rd Jun 2012, 23:24
Depends which island in the USVI, but I found the people in St Thomas to be very apathetic, and the whole place kinda run down. You hardly see a smile from any of the locals. And they drive on the left...with left hand drive cars. :eek:

shattashaun
26th Jun 2012, 04:57
Try Cayman Airways Express. they operate twin otter to Cayman Brac daily.

Ebbie 2003
30th Jul 2012, 22:17
Try - SVG out of Barbados and other islands in the region.

Also Coconut Airways (yes, like the song!) so it would not hurt to chnage your name to Tobias Wilcox (maybe if you get the joke you may be too old)

Executive Air are a possibility too

Be aware though that the work permit siuation in the Eastern Caribbean region is difficult, they do not give them out like smarties.

fr8doggie
7th Aug 2012, 16:46
Here is a discussion on living in the VI. For the record, I love the place and if single would move back. I would NEVER bring my family there to live.

http://www.pprune.org/caribbean-latin-america/336608-seabourne-airlines.html?highlight=seaborne

Regards,
fr8doggie