PDA

View Full Version : AIR NZ's new CEO announced

waren9
19th Jun 2012, 00:19
From stuff.co.nz

Air New Zealand has announced Christopher Luxon will be its next chief executive officer, replacing Rob Fyfe at the end of December.

The national carrier's chairman John Palmer said Luxon would be promoted from his current position of group general manager of international airline - a role he has held since joining Air New Zealand in May 2011, following a career at Unilever in North America, Asia and Australia.

''Christopher has world class strategic, commercial, leadership and stakeholder management capabilities proven across multiple markets,'' said Palmer.

''These have been highly evident to the Air New Zealand board in the year that he has been with the company and we have seen him affect positive commercial outcomes in our toughest operating division.''

Luxon said he felt ''exceptionally privileged'' to be given the role.

''Rob Fyfe has done an incredible job transforming Air New Zealand and steering it through some of the most difficult trading conditions in modern history,'' said Luxon.

''I will take over an airline that has significant financial strength, some incredibly exciting commercial opportunities and 11,000 Air New Zealanders who are committed to being world class in everything they do.''

Fyfe congratulated Luxon on his appointment, saying ''Christopher thoroughly deserves to lead Air New Zealand into the next chapter of its history. He is a world class executive on every level and will challenge Air New Zealanders to lift the airline's commercial and customer focus to an even higher level."

gobbledock
21st Jun 2012, 10:21
I was certain it would be Elaine, Boston Bruce or Godfrey! ANZ's loss I guess!

waren9
21st Jun 2012, 21:30
Speaking to a couple of mates over there, sounds like there was a collective sigh of relief it wasn't the lovely Miss VS, from HR.

gobbledock
21st Jun 2012, 22:13
Speaking to a couple of mates over there, sounds like there was a collective sigh of relief it wasn't the lovely Miss VS, from HR.
Lovely????? You are too kind to her!!!

tartare
22nd Jun 2012, 01:58
It came veeery close to being VS.
Little Brucey was never even in the hunt.
And contrary to what you all might think - my view is she would have done a good job.