PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa relaunch Club

PAXboy
18th Jun 2012, 16:08
Just been mailshotted with a link to a new, dedicated site of theirs. LH are upgrading their long haul Biz product. and branding it 'Hotel Business Class' and obviously pushing the end-to-end options.

My guess, from the wording, is that this is continuing the move from First to Club for those still sensitive to using F. It will prob replace F on some routes. They talk about this on the 748 and 330, also about retro fitting over the next four years, although no details of which a/c.

I am not easily impressed by a web site - but this one is very good. It's just a scroll down. Lot of thought gone into it: Hotel Business Class (http://www.hotel-businessclass.com/uk/en#welcome) Last time I travelled with them to Germany (several years ago) they already had SMS updates etc. so they are well up on E-checkin and notification.

I am not easily impressed and I don't travel Lufty much these days, certainly not long haul, but the last time I was in their Club it was good and this looks very good. So it's not an advert as this is only just being rolled out - but I would consider it.

Hotel Tango
18th Jun 2012, 17:42
Yeah I got the promo myself today. My beef is that whilst it may entice you to book C with LH you may in fact find that you're not flying in one of their refurbished a/c for a good many years yet. Deceptive advertising?

PAXboy
19th Jun 2012, 01:45
Yes - but that's what they all do! They will have sunk cargo containers full of cash into this project and the Main Board will want them to start trumpeting it without delay. It's the same when anyone gets a new a/c. the moment the first is scheduled for a commercial flight - the banners are out.

This appears to be lead by their purchase of the 748.