PDA

View Full Version : Brymon interview, help!

Sol al Sur
14th Sep 2001, 16:57
Hello everyone!
I am going for an interview with Brymon Airways early next week and donīt have a clue what to expect! Maybe some of you have already been since their new selection process (with the horribly long application form) began and can help me out with any questions you had or general tips for the interview. Also, does anyone know what aircraft the simulator check is done on??
Please send any suggestions to my e-mail address or directly on to this forum.
Thank you all in advance, best of luck to those going through selection processes at this time, I know exactly how you feel!!
Cheers, Sol

MTB Autopilot
14th Sep 2001, 19:21
Hello Sol al Sur,
Although I cannot help you with the brymon interview process, I was just wondering what your experience is and how you applied as I have not heard anything back for quite a while.I would appreciate an answer and hope that I have not changed the course of your question too much!

EMERALD1
14th Sep 2001, 19:59
If you could tell us where your interview is taking place then we could give you the likely sim being used
E1

Flysundone
14th Sep 2001, 23:26
Sol a Sur,

I know that previous interviews with Brymon included briefing a STAR but I think that may have changed.

Similar question to MTB.

I had an acknowledgement, then a further letter advising me that they had received a large number of high quality applicants and to be patient. I would contacted when a suitable vacancy arose. Since then nothing.

Did they contact you by telephone or letter to invite you for an interview? I too would be interested in your profile.

Anyone else heard anything or been invited for interview.

I haven't had the "Dear John" letter so I suppose there is still hope.

Best of luck.

flyhalf2
15th Sep 2001, 14:45
Well done.

I've got mine later in the week. e-mail me if you have any tips after yours.

I've heard its fairly relaxed, the usual, why regional? why Brymon? why did you start flying? etc.
One guy I know was interviewed 6 months ago and got.
Runway 24, wind 270/20, what is cross wind component? (numbers are examples)also
One red light on a PAPI, what is the angle of approach?
[email protected]

Good luck

Sol al Sur
15th Sep 2001, 15:43
Thanks to all of you for your help, if anyone has any more tips please write.
To those of you who asked how I applied, I read their add in Flight International at the end of July and they sent me an application form which was very much in BAīs style (10 page application form with 5 essays to write). I just finished my JAR CPL/IR training a few months ago and have the minimum hours required for licensing, no type-rating, nothing! They wanted at least 50 hours in the last 12 months, class 1 medical, current IR...not too hard to fulfill the minimum requirements.
They called and sent the letter to confirm the interview details, which will take place in Weston-Super-Mare, their headquarters.
To those of you still waiting to hear, do not dispair, no news is good news!! Best of luck, Sol

Airborne Hamster
15th Sep 2001, 21:00
Apparently the 'new' Airline are using the ATP Academe? The sim maybe a Caravelle down South.A friend used this for another interview/Airline and they sent him all the technical data in order to fly it for the check in advance.This info is old so don't take as read.Good luck anyway.....

AH

Leo45
15th Sep 2001, 21:01
Well...Flysundone,I was in the same boat as you until this morning when I received a third letter from them.This time it was the by now infamous "Dear John"!!!

My background: ATPL 3900hrs+,1700hrs on Seneca and Chieftain for an air taxi operator.

I am losing hope right now. :(

Flysundone
16th Sep 2001, 14:31
Leo 45,

with your level of experience what on earth are they looking for?

I believe some airlines have concerns about pilots with a lot of single crew experience adapting to the two crew environment.

I have far less experience than you so it's only a matter of time until the "letter" arrives.

Best of luck in the future.

Ivan Ivanovich
16th Sep 2001, 17:58
It's not always down to flying experience - they are taking low hour approved course pilots, what experience is there in those cases?

Sure, they state a minimum experience level to reduce applications, but they are looking for more than that. Someone once said to me that they could train a monkey to fly an Airbus. Well, perhaps, but the point is that BA has been successfully training 200 hour pilots to fly jets for years.

Thay are looking for other skills as indicated by the essay style questions they ask on the app. If you have the bare minimum in experience but ring their bell with your profile then you've got a chance.

Don't give up (one characteristic that won't get you selected!)

Ivan

fudpucker
16th Sep 2001, 20:18
I'm not involved in the interviewing process, but one thing any of my colleagues on the board will be asking himself/herself is "Do I want to be sitting next to this candidate in the middle of a six sector day?
If you've successfully jumped through all the hoops and made it to the interview stage, just try and relax and be natural.Easier said than done, I know, but remember we've all been through a similar "ordeal". Good luck. ;)

birminghamgiraffe
17th Sep 2001, 18:08
I had an interview with Brymon some time ago so this info may not be current.

Quite a long affair with the CP and Flight Ops director.First thing I was asked to do was give a rundown of what I had done to date in aviation (try and spin that one out a bit !) I was asked about fleets,bases etc. so make certain you know what engines dash8 and embraer has etc.

Also asked a couple of situational questions "you're the captain,cabincrew have reported someone smoking who won't stop,what you gonna do" and if I recall correctly "you turn up for work and the captain smells like he's pissed, what you gonna do " type thing.

No really hard parts, I think they just want people who fit. Best regards

Flysundone
18th Sep 2001, 00:06
Got the "Dear John" letter today.

Things can only get worse.