PDA

View Full Version : Airside pass? Help!!

Poozy
18th Jun 2012, 11:20
Hey PPRuNe,

I have just got a job with BAA, just dependant on the basic disclosure and CTC, in the CTC it asked to disclose criminal record, including cautions, I have disclosed that I received a caution for possession of Class A drugs. Which was 4 years ago and as far as I am aware is classed as 'spent'. So should not come up in the basic disclosure, as for in the CTC I am not sure??

I have read that cautions cannot be grounds for refusal of the job/airside pass, but the disqualifying criteria on the Department for transport for the airside pass states, 'possession of class A drugs', but I am not sure if that is a conviction for that or not?? I am quite confused, can anyone offer any information or advice on this if they know anything please? really worried that all this will be for nothing because of one stupid thing in my past!

Much appreciated!

PhineasC
26th Jun 2012, 12:39
My advice would be to talk a lawyer, they'll know the law regarding spent convictions better than anybody here. If that is a a bit expensive try your Citizen's Advice they may put you onto somebody who can help.