PDA

View Full Version : What is the maximum falling speed of a helicopter with disabled rotors...

eagle555
18th Jun 2012, 08:02
Hello,

I'm making a heli flight simulator, and for realistic physics I need to know the maximum falling speed of a helicopter like a bell 222, with disabled rotors. If I know this variable I can determine (estimate) the air resistance on the bottom of the heli and also for the other surfaces like front, side, rear, etc. Does anybody here know the answer?

Greetings,
Nathaniel

sycamore
18th Jun 2012, 10:25
Nat,I assume you mean` in autorotation`,as opposed to `disabled`,but don`t worry; I can`t be specific,as it would depend on the aircraft weight,and altitude,and airspeed.However, as a `starter`,and guesswork it will probably be something like -, 20 kts/1200 ft/min; 60-80 kts /1000 ft/min; 100 kts/1600 ft/min;120kts /1800 ft/min.However,you may find that someone on the `Rotorheads `forum will be able to give you a much better and more accurate figures.Hope it works..

hillberg
19th Jun 2012, 03:04
Call Bell Helicopter Tech support, They love to answer questions on the machines they built.:D