PDA

View Full Version : School change?

Cedarjet80
17th Jun 2012, 13:47
Hello,
Last february after asking for some advices i chose Oxford for distance ATPL. Now after almost 5 months I feel I am too slow in advancing through the subjects, maybe mostly because of me. Oxford material´s is great, as great as thick, I guess:D. I feel I am not going to finish all the subjects as scheduled. For those who know about the course, for example , phase one is split into 19 frames, each frame needs almost 15 hours of study as Oxford says but I am finding out that it needs more time, and it takes more than that just to listen to OXCEL , read the book and do some questions .....
As Oxford splits the subjects seems to be more logic, but phase 1 ends to be very heavy.
Do you think it´s crazy to change to Bristol at that point ?
Maybe the money I ve already paid (1500 GBP) is not a big problem since Bristol is cheaper (maybe 500 GBP less)
I ve always heard that Bristol´s material is ¨¨ lighter¨¨. Does that mean that we need extra references to be able to understand some concepts ?
What about Bristol and the new syllabus ?
Does Bristol have the 18 months limit to finish the distance learning as with Oxford ?
MAC and IPAD version of the ATPDigital are encouraging me a lot to change.

I urgently need your advices:ok:

mad_jock
17th Jun 2012, 16:21
The forst phase is the heavy one but you can take as long as you like on that one because the clock doesn't start ticking until after you have sat your first batch of exams.

IS the 18 months a limit by oxford or the exam limit?

Cedarjet80
17th Jun 2012, 17:46
both have 18 months limit ...

mad_jock
17th Jun 2012, 17:54
Nope the 18months for the exams starts when you sit your first exam not when you start reading the books.

Cedarjet80
17th Jun 2012, 18:11
yes i know, each has 18 months limit respectively

paco
17th Jun 2012, 18:36
There is an 18 month limit to complete your studies from the start date of the course and one to finish all the exams*, as said above. It applies to all schools.

*Actually, 18 months from the end of the month in which you took the first exam, if memory serves.

Phil