PDA

View Full Version : Fresh CPL holder with just over 200 hrs

ozotz
17th Jun 2012, 11:07
Hello guys, I just finished my ME/IR/CPL in south africa and back home in Nigeria.
I am desperately looking for some where to fly but apparently this is the most critical stage as airlines don't take low hour guys.
Please if anyone has any ideas for me I woulld really appreciate. I am willing to go any where right now.
Thanks

Edited to remove TXT SPK
HWB

ryan_sharara
17th Jun 2012, 15:23
Good thing is that you are in Africa.

Check nigeria for charter operators .. being a bush pilot etc.

and there is alot of bush flying in africa, check all the single engine operators in africa and try getting in contact.

ozotz
19th Jun 2012, 13:05
Thanks would try all that.

flyhighspeed300
30th Jun 2012, 13:01
Or become an flying instructor

skysurfer0805
1st Jul 2012, 21:24
some people recommended suicide to me when i was at that stage :mad:

if you try hard enough then im quite sure you could find some job in a small charter company over there to get some hours up ! good luck !

Kash360
2nd Jul 2012, 01:35
Not sure if will do any good but try heading over to Maun or Lusaka... Worth a shot I suppose! Good luck.

boing55
2nd Jul 2012, 02:37
try to contact charter companies or small airlines in your country and ask them if you will pay and take a type rating by your money can i get job ?
if they said yes ,it will be great

another idea try to work as flight instrctur and build some hours

Hamid_27
2nd Jul 2012, 17:02
Keep an eye on the Qatar Airways website, once a year they hold a selection for low hour pilots.

I have 200 hours, got selected for the A330.

Also don't be afraid of picking up the phone and calling the big boys for a job, if it worked for me, it can work for you.

I never wanted to be an instructor or bush pilot, I wanted a jet, so I got a jet :E.

Aim High, Don't give up:ok:

boing55
2nd Jul 2012, 20:58
what are the requierments for qatar airways(for low hour pilots)?

Hamid_27
2nd Jul 2012, 22:35
For International Candidates:

Valid ICAO ATPL or frozen ATPL (ATPL Theory Passes/Credits and MCC)
Valid instrument rating
Valid Class 1 medical
Minimum level 4 ICAO English proficiency

At Interview: JAA Type ATPL quiz, HR interview, and Sim Check.

Role: Second Officer ( Rank during Line Training) - for approx 80 sectors, then released as First Officer.

This years recruiting seems almost complete, towards the end of the year you should be able to apply on their website.

Good Luck.

vasiokata
5th Jul 2012, 14:43
Hello there,
my name is Vassil and I am from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe.I've read your comments here and I would like to join your group as I see that you discuss the problems that low time pilot meet to get their first job after they finish their training.I am in the same situation now,sending CV-s and making inquiries like a crazy but seems like there is no clear horizon for now.I have around 300 flight hours and FAA CPL/SE/ME/IR and now,back in my country I am working on to get my JAA license soon.I already passed all the JAA written exams with very good average score and all I need to do is just to go for a flight check on multi engine airplane with a local examiner and to get min Level 4 of ICAO English proficiency test.
I just checked the website of Quatar Airways but seems like they don't hire guys with so low experience lime mine.I read that even the second officers entry requirements are not bellow 1000 TT.
Any ideas or comments?Just feel free to post them!I would appreciate it!

Wesker
5th Jul 2012, 17:51
I'm sorry. If you're not in a cadet program or have unlimited funds it's near impossible to find a job these days as a 200 TT CPL holder :ugh:

chinexlaws
24th Jul 2012, 20:02
Hi I also fall in the same category..I am still in the US though preparing to come home and see things for myself...because right now the information I am getting about the aviation sector in Nigeria isn't palatable...I have 252 hours without a type rating though...

chinexlaws
24th Jul 2012, 20:13
Any idea what time of the year they give the newer pilots a chance in Qatar?

ozotz
26th Jul 2012, 14:09
Would Keep a look out. Contacted Maun operators and got info that the labour laws had changed and I would not be considered. Trying the charter companies but they also are saying they need experienced pilots. I would not loose focus but continue to keep faith. Would keep a lookout for qatar and any other opportunity out there. Thanks a bunch