PDA

View Full Version : Facebook/Firefox issue?

herman the crab
16th Jun 2012, 22:17
Having a problem with Facebook (I know!) Timeline profiles...

When viewed in Firefox - including the latest update today the images seem to be too large - as if they've been zoomed too much.

Doesn't happen in IE and only seems to happen with Facebook Timeline, all other profiles are fine.

Any ideas other than not using Facebook?

Thanks.

HTC.

Genghis the Engineer
16th Jun 2012, 22:30
Don't use timeline!

Try ctrl+ or ctrl- to change the text/image sizes and see if it helps.

G

herman the crab
16th Jun 2012, 22:34
I don't use it but the reason I have FB is to stay in touch across continents with friends who unfortunately do.

Tried the zooming before and it affects the whole page not just the picture so I can't read the text if the photo is an acceptable size...

HTC

Milo Minderbinder
16th Jun 2012, 23:17
In Firefox

view > zoom > zoom in /out -----but you'll see just below a tick box for "zoom text only"

So zoom out with the box unticked until you get the right image size, then tick it and zoom back in

herman the crab
17th Jun 2012, 09:15
The text only zoom isn't checked...

HTC

Milo Minderbinder
17th Jun 2012, 09:26
Exactly
thats why you are seeing what you are

adjuct the screen until teh images are the correct size, then switch to "text only" to zoom the text

herman the crab
17th Jun 2012, 10:24
Nope doesn't work - just end up with micro text and the pictures still over sized. And also means resetting every time I leave a timeline page.

It's obviously an issue with FF and FB timeline as doens't happen in other browsers or with 'normal' profiles.

HTC

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jun 2012, 14:03
I think the idea of open source software is that if you find a bug you are welcome to fix it and contribute the fix back to the community.

An alternative is to report the bug. Last time I came across a bug in Firefox it had already been reported ... something like three years earlier, and was marked with comments along the lines of "I don't feel like fixing this one, it's too difficult".

herman the crab
17th Jun 2012, 15:39
I'd love to be able to fix it! Hence posting here as not that clever! :)

HTC

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jun 2012, 21:10
I'd love to be able to fix it! Hence posting here as not that clever!
Well, I'm sure I could fix it (as I could have fixed the bug I came across). But I'm not about to do it for fun (there are other things that I'd find more fun, given a finite amount of time), and I don't suppose you'd want to pay my rates.

herman the crab
18th Jun 2012, 10:41
Nope - I'll put up with it. Not paying to fix something I'm not that bothered about.

Hoped someone might know a simple reason for it and a simple, free answer.

HTC