PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Historian recognised in Honours List.

tail wheel
15th Jun 2012, 02:36
At an Indian restaurant on the north side of Brisbane a couple of nights ago and saw a copy of the local Bayside and Northern Suburbs Star.

The photo on the front page looked familiar and caught my eye.

I scanned the newspaper but it is too large to publish in PPRuNe, however a copy is available HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/PPRuNe/Ron.jpg).

Ron Cuskelly was awarded an Order of Australia Medal in the General Division in recognition of his service to aviation through roles with the Queensland Air Museum and the Aviation Historical Society of Australia.

Ron was one of the founding members of the Queensland Air Museum at Caloundra in 1974 and is currently the group's vice president.

Ron worked with Qantas Traffic as a load controller for 31 years.

Congratulations Ron. You certainly deserved that Award in recognition of your exceptional achievements in preserving our rich aviation history.

Trent 972
15th Jun 2012, 02:44
Here Here... Deservedly so.

blueloo
15th Jun 2012, 04:39
And there I was thinking you were going to say Geoffrey Thomas.

Awarded for accuracy and historical truth.

Fris B. Fairing
15th Jun 2012, 04:45
Thank goodness they didn't publish my PPRuNe handle.

Thanks Taily

john_tullamarine
15th Jun 2012, 06:09
.. and seated comfortably on an old Ansair seat as far as I can tell from the photo. If you need to do any repairs, I probably still have most of the drawings for the seat model ...

Fris B. Fairing
15th Jun 2012, 08:44
John

Well spotted. It's a first class double ex B707. Type number is G300-102. Email follows.

Rgds

mightyauster
15th Jun 2012, 10:08
Congratulations Ron and well deserved!:)

training wheels
15th Jun 2012, 10:48
Congratulations Ron .. I love your work, especially the Qantas Boeing 707 pages on the web. Well deserved award !! :D

insertnamehere
15th Jun 2012, 11:02
Good to see a positive story.

Nice work. :D

Centaurus
15th Jun 2012, 11:45
Congratulations Ron. Have always admired your Lockheed Hudson knowledge.:ok:

Philthy
16th Jun 2012, 01:45
Very well deserved. Good on yer, Ron! :D

Aye Ess
16th Jun 2012, 06:17
Yeah,yeah,yeah.....but what about the Indian restaurant?? Good prices?

Oh,and yes Fris B Ron deserves that accolade. The man is brilliant.

(Saree about the Indian food drift)

tail wheel
16th Jun 2012, 08:04
Yes, it is a good Indian restaurant and excellent prices. Think it is the Maharani (or similar name?), on the eastern side of Sandgate Road and about a kilometer or so north of the motel I usually stay at in Brisbane, the Brisbane International Virginia Palms. :}

Fris B. Fairing
19th Jun 2012, 03:21
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Aye Ess, no problem about the Indian food drift. Mrs FBF is Indian so it's quite appropriate. Indeed a workmate once asked me to recommend an Indian restaurant. "Recommend one? I live in an Indian restaurant!"

Regards

unionist1974
20th Jun 2012, 12:26
Well done Ron the lads in SYD will always remember you