PDA

View Full Version : Redundancies

MaximumPete
6th Oct 2001, 17:40
I remember some years ago when there was widespread redundacies in the UK that our Antipodean friends were shipped home asap, thus hopefully saving a UK job for a UK pilot.

Whilst I have every sympathy with all concerned I wonder what would be the outcome for UK pilots over there in a similar situation?

Aerial Anarchist
6th Oct 2001, 19:19
Far too many Australian and NZ nationals are working in the UK and taking jobs from home grown pilots- why should this be allowed?

One UK regional from the South West takes delight in recruiting as many NZ and AUS pilots and even prefers Dutch or Germans before taking folk who have given all to be able to fly for a living on home soil.

Typical Blair Britain, as the market tightens these folk will still be there, locals will report too the DHSS on Tuesdays and have "for sale" sign's in the front of thier houses! - FACT

MPH
6th Oct 2001, 19:48
Aerial Anarchist, what do you exactly mean by 'even prefers Dutch or Germans'. There seem to enough 'home soil boys' flying in other parts of the world? :eek:

SkyCruiser
7th Oct 2001, 00:27
I agree with the first two posts, to many antipodeans flying over here.
I know this will cause a stir, but times are going to be hard in this county so let's look after ourselves for a change. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

doubledolphins
7th Oct 2001, 00:39
What utter rubish. There is at least one Aussie who will be fighting hard to keep ALL pilots in his company in a job. This thread wouldn't be a pathetic attempt to undermine him, would it?

Cyclic Hotline
7th Oct 2001, 00:46
You'd better hope that the rest of the World doesn't apply the same standard, or there might be so many highly qualified and experienced Brits returning home, that you might never, ever, find a job in the Aviation industry again!

An accent or origin from outside one country, is not indicative of the legal right to live and work in another country. People from all over the World, live in countries other than their country of birth for a variety of reasons and choices.

Would your selection be limited to Pilots only, or to all Airline personell and management as well?

Maybe your policy would start with Rod Eddington and Barbara Cassini, as these damn foreigners seem to be infiltrating every part of the British aviation industry?

I understand the concern of ANYONE looking at losing their livelihood or living, but think hard about what you are discussing here!

Hamrah
7th Oct 2001, 02:20
Now is not the time, and this is not the place for the regular bout of xenophobia.

Keep it civilised, please.

H

OzExpat
7th Oct 2001, 06:56
I guess it's easier to have a grumble than look at the UK immigration laws huh? :mad:

GStall
7th Oct 2001, 12:39
I don't believe I read this garbage or that some narrow minded old frat would write it, I''m not here to give a history lesson but Britain has left a trail of distruction all over the world where ever it in the name of the British Empire. Why don't you just retire MP and take a few of your biggotted cronies with you.

Leafe it owt its not wurf it!!!!