PDA

View Full Version : 8 Captains Resignation from Air Nigeria

headbraker
13th Jun 2012, 20:44
Just heard a from a friend that 8 captains from Air Nigeria dropped their resignation letters for this Month. 5 from Ghana and 3 Nigerians.

can anybody please confirm this:eek:

BALEWA
14th Jun 2012, 11:42
2 Ghanian Captains on the Embraer 190 and 2 first officers on the B737 have resigned on their way back to Ghana to start flying for a new indigenous airline back in Accra. This is understandable as we all would love to work close to home.

The 3rd Captain from Ghana was asked to leave due to reasons unknown to me. But my buddy in Air Nigeria thinks it was due to disciplinary action .

As for the Nigerian crew about to or who have already put in their papers will find out in a few days unless if Headbraker knows something we don't. Lol

And you headbraker you staying or leaving Lool.

737-NG
22nd Jun 2012, 15:14
Yeah they all went to fly the E-145 for Africa World Airlines.

I mean can you blame them for going back home, and more importantly being now in a MUCH safer place than Lagos?

cavortingcheetah
22nd Jun 2012, 15:26
There's a rumour, perhaps not a very politic one, that SAA down south are possibly, may be going to be, recruiting experienced pilots from up north.

Edited to include an element of doubt and to say that Johannesburg is a better place than some to hang your bars at night.

flareout BC
23rd Jun 2012, 13:43
So help me, I like to see the old one about oneness, brotherhood, a rising up, love, and emancipation when there's even a spectre of things like this in the old continent. May it be then that if SAA wanted experienced pilots and us brethren in the heart of Africa were qualified, we'll get first crack at the pie, before outsiders are called in...Amen !!!

unstable load
24th Jun 2012, 11:21
flareout BC,
Good luck in your hopes for SAA in Jozi.:ok:You and your colleagues actually have a better than even chance of success if chatter is anything to go by.

It will be interesting for you were it to happen, because then you would be one of the "unwanted" expats displacing the perfectly qualified and able locals and being subjected to the resentment of said locals. :\

At least, Jozi is marginally safer than Lagos.