PDA

View Full Version : Air Nigeria back in business.

BALEWA
12th Jun 2012, 22:49
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority NCAA has completed its audit of Air Nigeria and the airline has been given approval to start operations.

Air Nigeria is the first airline to be audited after the federal government directive to the NCAA to audit all operators in Nigeria following the DANA crash.

Welcome back VK and keep up the good work you guys and please keep Jimoh in check all the time.

headbraker
13th Jun 2012, 13:00
Big Shame on Air Nigeria, No respect for their crew. They dont give money/perdium to their crew, Very Hungry Airline. Soon it will wil called Air Hunger. and later with this attitude it will be called Air Bancrupt.

Well done Jimo and kinfe keep the good work and dig your graves with your money to Hell.

BALEWA
14th Jun 2012, 00:08
Headbraker what's going on Skip........are you still in Dakar !!!

Or you got back to lagos and the people in Air Nigeria finance told you no dollar. Take it easy now ..none of ur colleagues have been paid yet and they have been at home for a while too.

Heard even Aero is paying late and as for us well...its bizness as usual. I think a lot of us at GA are used to it now...sadly.

So hang in there a little and hold on will be OK soon.

headbraker
14th Jun 2012, 09:28
Balewa the Honourable

dont worry Air Nigeria will have another strike soon, so plan to request your flight to dakar between 1st and 5th of next month. Beer on you and barbecue fish and Chicks on me.

The Vicar of Bray
14th Jun 2012, 13:42
I pray tins get better o. Hang in there, it will get better o, Arik, Aero, etc, paying late and treating their crew like ****, so it's ok for Air Nigeria crew to be treated the same way. It's business as usual, that's how it is in naija, I pray it get better o. :rolleyes:

BALEWA
14th Jun 2012, 23:38
Thanks Hardbreaker but I'm off to Luanda and then Johburg on the 1st and 5th.

Dunno about chicks and I don't eat Fish..but would have bought you a beer for sure if I was in johburg.

Hang in there and hope you got ur allowances paid.

grjplanes
15th Jun 2012, 19:49
It seems Air Nigeria is postponing the launch of Johannesburg route by another few weeks again, until beginning July. Is this also due to the current problems, as they've said the A330 operation to London was unaffected?

unstable load
16th Jun 2012, 13:40
What did the audit encompass? It just seemed a bit too much like a knee-jerk thing all round.

I am not trying to rubbish the efforts of the NCAA to clean house, but I just wonder how much of a close look they had in the short time of the grounding. Surely, an in depth, exhaustive investigation while things go on would achieve more in the long run?

Rollingthunder
16th Jun 2012, 13:54
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority NCAA has completed its audit of Air Nigeria and the airline has been given approval to start operations.

How I laugh

eagleflier
16th Jun 2012, 13:54
The only reason they weren't allowed to start ops was because the workers had been on strike. They called off the strike without their demands being met because Pa J threatened to return 7 737s to the lessors as he cannot afford to pay the lease if the aircraft ain't operating. May salaries haven't been paid still.

Phantom Driver
16th Jun 2012, 19:42
Surprised no comments on the current Air Nigeria ad running on CNN (or did I miss something). Obviously still money available for such, as opposed to paying salaries, retrieving crew from downroute, etc etc.

(p.s am sure that looks like FRA terminal in the ad; do they fly there?)

Revnetwork
17th Jun 2012, 07:12
Rollingthunder,

what's so funny?
I don't get the joke. :=

BALEWA
17th Jun 2012, 12:21
After a long flight back to Lagos I decided to have brunch wit my buddy in VK.

Well they got their May cheques which got me all jealous and looks like they trying hard to get back into the game after the last 2/3 weeks of wahala.

Quite an impressive lineup of Nationalities I noticed in their GRA block. Serbians Costa Ricans Panamanians English Kenyans Greeks Ghanaians and not forgetting my local brothers. Residential complex is great but the pool could do with some water, but indeed a nice place.
I gather their Egypt Air crew are accommodated in the Sheraton Ikeja which is not going down well with the domestic and local crew with regards to the high cost and the fact that VK needs all the cash it can lay its hand on.

Ok got the next 2days off so Modern Warfare 2 its game on :E

TangoAlpha1
17th Jun 2012, 15:00
hmmm nice, considering the fact that Pa j is trying to make pple beleive he is actually not a demon. @balewa i sent a private message sir please reply

totomechanic
18th Jun 2012, 00:08
Air Nigeria is not yet recertified. check the link below.

Unfit Air Nigeria Planes' Cleared For Travel - YouTube

BALEWA
18th Jun 2012, 01:27
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So what is the point here or you just had to do this to yourself totomechanic :ok:

atedo
18th Jun 2012, 11:24
Nnorom is on vendatta towards Pa J. Nnorom should be called in by the authorities to validate his claims.

He was Pa J hachet man and they know where they fail out.

BALEWA
18th Jun 2012, 11:49
Atedo makes a very valid point. I wonder why the NCAA and the Police have not called Nnorom in for a chat. These allegations he has made calls for concern.

He should tell the authorities what he knows.

I saw the program on All Jazeera with Miss Yvonne Ndege and was not impressed. Felt like giving her a call since I had her number after we met on a couple of my flights ;) to find out if she had asked him
why he had not reported it.

eagleflier
18th Jun 2012, 20:08
@Balewa,
I don't know any VK crew that has been paid, asked a few and none has been paid. Seems there's a mass exodus going on in VK. 4 local Captains just resigned.

BALEWA
18th Jun 2012, 20:20
Sad concerning the resignations at VK. But having been on this profession for quite sometime now I have seen this exodus before many a times....and as they leave VK so others will join VK from elsewhere.

About their pay well can't ever think of my buddy's giving me incorrect info....we have known and stuck by each other since our days in the corporate world of aviation. I can confidently say to you that they have been paid.

Balewa

Cyclopps
18th Jun 2012, 20:43
Federal Task Force Busts Air Nigeria CEO in N4.7 Billion Tax Fraud | Sahara Reporters (http://saharareporters.com/news-page/federal-task-force-busts-air-nigeria-ceo-n47-billion-tax-fraud).

eagleflier
18th Jun 2012, 22:24
Balewa, I guess we are both right. They are being paid in batches. Few have been paid, most of them haven't.

oneeyed
22nd Jun 2012, 12:42
...it looks like there's still some problems somewhere

NCAA grounds Air Nigeria
Friday, 22 June 2012 07:48 NAN

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) on Thursday grounded Air Nigeria.

Sam Ogbogoro, the spokesman for the airline, in an e-mail to aviation correspondents in Ikeja, announced that the airline had been suspended.

The e-mail entitled: ``Suspension of Air Nigeria Flight Operations by NCAA'' reads: ``the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority has suspended our flight operations effective immediately over alleged indications that the airline is in financial distress. ``We wish to apologise for all the inconvenience that this order by the NCAA will bring to our passengers and wish to assure that Air Nigeria will continue to liaise with the relevant agencies to ensure that the suspension order is lifted as soon as possible. ’’

The ticketing and check-in counters of the airline on the ground floor of the Domestic Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, were empty around 5.00 p.m.

The NCAA had nine days ago, said that it was carrying out routine action on the airline’s aircraft, following a strike by the airline's workers over welfare that lasted almost a week.

The Spokesman of the NCAA, Sam Adurogboye, had said that it would require a routine check of Air Nigeria’s airplanes by NCAA inspectors and engineers before the planes could fly again.

However, the airline was given a clean bill of health and it resumed flight operations eight days ago before the latest suspension.

BALEWA
30th Jun 2012, 03:21
Any news.....Anybody with news concerning Air Nigeria.

eagleflier
30th Jun 2012, 08:27
Pa J sacked some pilots and engineers, mostly the NAAPE exco for instigating the strike action and exposing the company. They are losing Captains and FOs as they are all looking for jobs elsewhere.
Doesn't look good if you ask me.

MamaPut
30th Jun 2012, 16:32
Intercontinental flights still seem to be happening, but no internal or West African regional flights which is causing problems for many businessmen and traders who fly the regional flights. If these are not resumed soon, it will surely open a window of opportunity for the likes of Arik and Aero to fill the breach and expand their operations. If that happens Air Nigeria will find it difficult to claw the business back.

NaijaNinja
30th Jun 2012, 17:13
Sir Balewa, any VK news from your buddy working for VK?

grjplanes
1st Jul 2012, 16:05
Intercontinental flights still seem to be happening

They say the London flight is still going, but then what is keeping the launch of Johannesburg flights, been postponed twice already, was set to launch tomorrow (2 July), but now seems nothing to fly in July.

Gidigba
3rd Jul 2012, 15:55
The recent events have made the giant jujuman surface in VK Headoffice,The oracle of OTTA was sighted in the Vk office today,Lets standby for fireworks,The reason for his visit is not far fetched the dude owns 49% in trust for us I guess.Thief don jam Thief.The movie continues:D

BALEWA
13th Jul 2012, 10:28
Understand VK is soon to announce a start date for the resumption of its operation.

So I'm putting this thread back up in solidarity with the folks at VK who have held their own and are still weathering the storm :D...

Any moment now ...

Need to Know Basis
13th Jul 2012, 11:34
Does anyone know the reason why the VK293/12th LOS-LGW was cancelled. The statement so far is " operational Reasons " ! What is really going on ?

totomechanic
13th Jul 2012, 17:05
So I'm putting this thread back up in solidarity with the folks at VK who have held their own and are still weathering the storm

Balewa,

I sent you a PM. Kindly check it.

thanks.

grjplanes
21st Jul 2012, 17:34
Can anyone confirm that the London flights is still operating. See Johannesburg flights is now open again for flights from 3 August, can we expect this time that it will go ahead after been postponed 3 times already?
The ad on CNN is still running promoting both London and Jo'Burg, not that those flight attendants look very friendly.

exeng
21st Jul 2012, 21:51
The advert amazes me. The only Air Nigeria aircraft I have seen in the last three weeks have been parked on the ramp at Lagos - good advert though I must admit - however the ad must refer to activities in an alternative universe.

Sincerely best of luck to all A.N. employees.

Regards
Exeng