PDA

View Full Version : Logging MCC Sim Time

WACCOE
12th Jun 2012, 15:35
Hi all,

Quick question, I have recently completed my MCC in an FNPT2 simulator where I completed 20 hours (10hours P1 and 10hours P2). I have an AFE Professional Pilots Logbook with the Simulated Flight at the beginning, but it just allows me to put "Time". Can I log the full 20 hours of sim time or can I only put the 10 hours of P1 here? :confused:

Thanks

plikee
12th Jun 2012, 15:52
You put all the hours you've done . Doesn't matter if it was P1 or other stuff .. It doesn't count for real flight time

hvogt
12th Jun 2012, 17:05
Agree with plikee. I put all the 20 hours from my MCC in my logbook.

For a moment I even thought about logging the hour from when I failed that darned simulator assessment. Just for a moment, though.

mad_jock
12th Jun 2012, 19:13
There might be a simulator section somewhere in your log book.

If not you record the MCC as a block and in the remarks say what it is for but don't add any of the time to your running totals.

Nobody cares about sim time apart from you are allowed to use a certian amount of it for ATPL issue as insturment hours.

BillieBob
12th Jun 2012, 21:11
The issue is not what you enter into your logbook but what you claim as required experience towards the issue, revalidation or renewal of licences, ratings and certificates. You are at liberty to record in your logbook all of the simulator time from the MCC course, the failed simulator assessment, all the time you've spent playing with Microsoft Flight Sim and any time you've spent sat in the back of a B747 sipping gin - they all have exactly the same value when it comes to licensing.

plikee
12th Jun 2012, 21:55
One question btw:

Heard that if you do a session on a Full Motion flight simulator, we can log it in our real flying time block .. Is that true or is that bull:mad: ?

Genghis the Engineer
12th Jun 2012, 22:05
Pure bovine excrement. It's sim time, motion system or not.

G

plikee
13th Jun 2012, 02:39
Pure bovine excrement. It's sim time, motion system or not.

AHAH, you reply was hilarious :} thank you !

mad_jock
13th Jun 2012, 06:16
I sort of agree with billiebob.

But your log book has two purposes.

The first one is a legal requirement and the second one is to keep running totals for applying for work.

Although what billiebob is 100% correct for the authorities the applying for work can cause issues if you claim certain things.

In general they are only interested in you total time in aircraft. Gliding hours and microlight hours are not to be counted but may be used as an indicator on how keen you are for all things aviation.

PIC time is just that, not interested in PICUS, PICS or any of the other variations which indicate that you were actually flying with someone else signing the techlog and who knows what they are doing.

Even if you do get through to interview by fiddling your numbers when they check your log book which they always do that will be the end of that application.

Genghis the Engineer
13th Jun 2012, 06:53
To me at-least, the answer here is really obvious.

You don't list a single total.

Take me as an example:

- I hold a JAA licence: so JAA are only really interested in my "aeroplane hours" as they define it, so I list that [split of-course into PiC and P/UT], although separately also my time in certified sims in training.

- I also hold an FAA licence: they count my 3-axis microlight hours also, so they get a separate and larger total.

- I'm a BMAA check pilot; they don't really care about my time in aeroplanes outside the microlight category, but care deeply about my microlight time. So they get several totals: total microlight time, PiC 3-axis, PiC flexwing, and "all other flying".

- I'm an instructor, so I run a total of airborne instructional time.

- I do some development test flying of research simulators. JAA, FAA and BMAA all couldn't give a fig about that, but the universities I work with are really quite interested, so they get three numbers - my test flying experience, my total flying time, and my time on research simulators.

- And finally there's my own ego. Well that has two numbers to think about: time PiC airborne, and total time airborne. Even my ego however isn't really all that impressed with sim time.

Other people's needs and flying experience requirements will vary (and I run some other totals like tailwheel time, FAA cross-country time, JAA "complex" time, FAA high performance time, time by sole reference to instruments, night... because those sometimes become important to somebody somewhere). But in these days of electronic logbooks, maintaining all those separate totals really isn't that hard and people in "aviation authority" over us are generally quite bright enough to handle more than one number.

G

JRK110
13th Jun 2012, 09:24
I'd say you can log it all as sim time. This can then be used towards the unfreezing of your atpl. Check out LASORS section G 1.2/JAR FCL 1.050 for the allowances. Currently up to 100hrs of ffs/fnpt towards unfreezing atpl of which up to 25 may be in fnpt.

Hope this offers a degree of clarification.:}

skip_distance
21st Dec 2018, 07:01
Greetings all,

Need some clarification, please respond with your thoughts.

The A320 type requires one to have 25 hours of multi engine time before starting on the rating. I have 24 on actual (pa34). The question is,can i use a session from my mcc/jot for fullfilment of the pre-requisite of 25 hours? I have 5 sessions of which the JOT/JOC is on a level D FFS.

FlightDetent
21st Dec 2018, 12:25
My irrelevant opinion is no, you'd need those sessions to be nominated IFR training / practice lessons.
​​​​​​
What you should do, however, is ask the HT of the ATO to give you the answer. The form and shape in which it arrives will be a nice marker whether you picked a proper school. And what you will get for your money!

Rating is only the baseline, how good are you about it during an assesment is what counts. And it is cash points, just consider getting a job 6 months sooner or a one that pays mere 100 GBP/month more (for the next 5 years or so). My favourite is getting a hometown assignment as opposed to moving the house.

Either way, all will be happy to sell you the hour, don't settle just for that. A bell rings somewhere to carefully observe the difference between IMC time (inside an exercise) or SIM/IFR time (block).

Get ahead and gain an edge by googling for Easy Acess Rules on EASA Part-FCL.

Best wishes.

skip_distance
23rd Dec 2018, 18:12
My irrelevant opinion is no, you'd need those sessions to be nominated IFR training / practice lessons.
​​​​​​
What you should do, however, is ask the HT of the ATO to give you the answer. The form and shape in which it arrives will be a nice marker whether you picked a proper school. And what you will get for your money!

Rating is only the baseline, how good are you about it during an assesment is what counts. And it is cash points, just consider getting a job 6 months sooner or a one that pays mere 100 GBP/month more (for the next 5 years or so). My favourite is getting a hometown assignment as opposed to moving the house.

Either way, all will be happy to sell you the hour, don't settle just for that. A bell rings somewhere to carefully observe the difference between IMC time (inside an exercise) or SIM/IFR time (block).

Get ahead and gain an edge by googling for Easy Acess Rules on EASA Part-FCL.

Best wishes.

Flight Detent,

Thanks for taking the time off, in furtherance to which I'm attaching a copy of what the rule book says. This is DGCA related,the governing body for India.It is my interpretation that it can be done whilst being fully legal and in compliance with the stated laws.My logbook has 9FFS sessions + 2 skill checks(day/night) to add to which 5 sessions(3MCC+2JOC) of which the latter is done on an level D.They add up to a total of 16.

The relevant section has been highlighted in green for your convenience.

many thanks and warm regards :)