PDA

View Full Version : Easa B2 experience in non 145 organization

johnkh
12th Jun 2012, 14:08
Hello
I have passed my all easa b2 modules. Now i have query.
Can i submit Non Easa Part 145 Organization experience? Is this possible?

thanks in advance.

flame_bringer
12th Jun 2012, 16:17
Technically you can't however you can call the UKCAA and inquiry they may give you a solution.

spannersatcx
12th Jun 2012, 20:10
Technically you can,

Aircraft maintenance engineers with experience working on operational civil aircraft outside of the EU member states, may claim that experience towards the grant of a Part-66 licence, providing that the experience is deemed acceptable by the CAA.

That's taken from the CAA (UK) website. here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/177/8355%20Section%20E_07.pdf)

BluFin
13th Jun 2012, 09:34
Don't forget things are changing

Annex to ED Decision 2012/004/R

AMC 66.B.115
<<<Extract>>>
In the case where the licencing competent authority is different from the competent authority of the maintenance organisation which provides the OJT, the licencing authority may take into consideration the fact that the maintenance organisation may already have the OJT programme accepted by their own competent authority (through Chapter 3.15 of the MOE, as described in AMC 145.A.70(a)).
<<<End>>

See Pages 23 & 24 of the AMC link to the AMC Below

http://easa.europa.eu/agency-measures/docs/agency-decisions/2012/2012-004-R/Annex%20to%20ED%20Decision%202012-004-R.pdf

New ELGD should be out for the 1st week of August Insha'Allah

flame_bringer
13th Jun 2012, 09:43
spannersatcx
Outside the EU member states does not mean none-145 as there are many 145 approved organizations outside the EU zone.
The guy in question pointed out that his experience is none-145.
So technically you can't.
Best thing to do is call and inquiry in respect to your particular case rather than rely on answers in forums.

Capot
13th Jun 2012, 16:16
You could also check out Part 66 A.30 and AMC 66.A.30(a) para 4 (http://www.easa.europa.eu/agency-measures/docs/agency-decisions/2012/2012-004-R/Annex%20to%20ED%20Decision%202012-004-R.pdf), which provides a definition of "practical maintenance experience" although in a slightly diffferent context.

As I read that, the experience does not have to be obtained in a Part 145-approved MRO; note the references to FAR 145 and "independent certifying staff".

This is just more support for the general views already stated.

spannersatcx
13th Jun 2012, 16:36
actually he said Non Easa Part 145 Organization experience but that's semantics. Mine (and others) understanding is yes you can use Non Easa Part 145 Organization experience, like HKAR 145, or FAA, or whatever it is in UAE, SIA etc etc, as long as it is verified AND acceptable to the CAA it can be used, what is or isn't acceptable only the CAA will know.

rkazi
18th Apr 2013, 18:14
My B2 application was rejected as my experience was outside Part 145. I worked for FAA approved organisation and CAA has asked me:

"confirmation from the National Authority that has regulatory oversight of the approval under which the maintenance organisation where the experience was gained is based, confirming that the maintenance organisation if fully compliant in all relevant areas of the application regualtion."

FAA has refused to give me such undertaking and said they would answer directly to the CAA if they inquire. (Which I dont think CAA will do!)

i don't know what to do know. Has someone been through this before?

Capot
19th Apr 2013, 09:51
It sounds to me as though the FAA has some pseudo-legal horse-**** in mind, in formulating that reply.

However, I would ask to CAA to do just that, backed up by copies of all correspondance with the FAA, and then see what happens, before making any assumptions about what they will or won't do.

If they refuse, or procrastinate beyond reason, you should escalate your request upwards in the CAA. But before you do anything, make sure you are up-to-date with all applicable EASA Regulations, especially the "new" Part 66 (EC 1149/2011) and the AMC and GM that apply to your case and any subsequent amendments.

A look at the Part 66 requirements for Competent Authorities, as they apply to your application, may well mean that you know more about it than the CAA person you are dealing with, and would repay the time you spend on doing that.

(Click here for EU 2042/2003 incl all amendments up to July 2012. (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:2003R2042:20120801:EN:PDF))

BTW, Spanners is exactly right...

lovegroove
20th Apr 2013, 04:04
I'm in a similar situation, I am ex-RAF and have had all of my modules for ages, but have been working mainly military contracts. I called the CAA to ask if my experience gained working at Marshall aerospace and Agusta Westland (both part-145) would be accepted as part of the 1 year of civil aviation experience required and was told that it would not.

I've pretty much given up on my licence now as there are just too many hoops to jump through and they keep changing the goalposts. As a contractor I think it is pretty much impossible to get licensed.

Maybe when my contract on the A350 comes to an end I'll think about getting around to finishing my licence.

kani
7th Jul 2014, 05:18
Hi,

Did you manage to fix your license issue? If yes pls inform me how did you do that. B'cause i too effected by the same issue.

Regards
Kani